cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant remove thumbs up songs

Dave_Brodi
Local Performer

I have tried every way possible. I cannot take thumbed up songs off my list. I have premium and thinking that’s why it doesn’t let me. If I look up a song I can’t thumbs up it either. Only if it’s on auto play. Is this normal or is my Pandora messed up? Do I lose accessibility by paying the premium? 

Labels (2)
3 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Dave_Brodi. 👋

With Premium, you won't lose access to your Thumb feedback or the ability to use your Thumbs.

Stations + Playlists:

Stations on Pandora Premium are guided by thumb feedback or added seeds, like Pandora and Pandora Plus stations. While listening to a station you can thumb up or down songs from the Now Playing screen to help us learn what to play next.

Playlists, on the other hand, are guided by listener's choice. This means you can add only the songs you want to hear, and sequence the playlist yourself. You won't be able to use your Thumbs Up on playlists you create or songs you listen to on-demand. You can enlist the help of Pandora's Music Genome to add music to your playlists by selecting Add Similar Songs, but you'll always have the option to edit our recommendations.

++

Editing Thumb Feedback:

I can definitely help you edit the Thumbs associated with your station.

If this happened during your current listening session, all you need to do is un-Thumb the track. From your Now Playing screen, swipe the album art from left to right until you see the track you're looking for, and tap the highlighted thumb icon.

If this happened in a previous listening session, you'll need to visit the station's "backstage page" to make that change.

Here's how to edit thumbs from the backstage page:

• From My Collection, visit your station list.
  • Tap on the name of the station you'd like to edit.
  • If you're a Pandora Premium subscriber, this will take you directly to the station's backstage page.
  • From the station's backstage page, tap on the Edit icon (the small pencil to the left of the play button) to edit your station.
  • Scroll down to either your Thumbed Up Songs or your Thumbed Down Songs.
  • Tap the 'X' beside whichever thumb ratings you'd like to remove.

++

If you're still having trouble, could you send over a screenshot of exactly what you see when you attempt to remove a Thumb rating?

To take a screenshot on an iPhone 8 (or earlier) or an iPad or iPod touch:

• Press and hold the lock button (the button on the top right side) and the home button (the circular button on the bottom of your device) at the same time.

To take a screenshot on an iPhone X:

• Press and hold the lock button (the button on the right side) and the volume up button (on the left side) at the same time.

In iOS 12, a thumbnail of your screenshot appears in the lower-left corner of your device. Tap the thumbnail to add drawings and text with Markup, or swipe left on the thumbnail to dismiss it. To find the screenshot you just took, go to Photos > Albums and tap Screenshots. Send this photo as an attachment to your response.

Let me know how it goes. I look forward to hearing back! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Paul10
Local Performer

This is not working on my account. I am a premium customer. I just want to start over with my radio station and Pandora won't let me. About ready go to Spotify, but they're probably not any better.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Paul10. 👋

Something to note, a deleted station can be recreated by using the same exact artist / song seed you used to create the station initially. For example, I can start a station based on Frank Sinatra. If I delete that station and attempt to create a new one using Frank Sinatra, it'll be the same exact station.

Which station are you having trouble with?

Let me know, and I can take a look. 

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos