cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message 'Unable to Create Your Station'

walford
Local Performer

I kept getting the above error message on my iPhone and iPad and Pandora Support kept telling me to delete/reinstall, reboot device etc.  Neither of which worked.

Then I went to the website and tried to create a station there.  I was told I had too many stations.  BINGO!  That was what I needed to know.  I deleted several and went back to my phone.  I was able to create a station.  The app never told me I had too many and that's why I couldn't create any more.

Hope they will resolve this; never had this problem before.

BTW, does anyone know how many stations one can have with Pandora Plus?  That info doesn't seem to be available anywhere either.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@walford Nice to see you around the community. 👋🏽

'Unable to Create Your Station' error message:

Thank you for reporting this - I have escalated your feedback over to our engineers so they can take a closer look.

Station limit on Pandora:

There is a 250 station limit on all accounts, free or paid. Pandora Premium listeners are also limited to 250 stations, but can create as many playlists as they like.

Due to the millions of registered Pandora accounts in our database, these station limits help our systems manage the high amount of user data.

Please note some that older consumer electronic devices and car stereos are not optimized for the new station limit and will still be subject to the previous limit.

If you've reached the 250 limit, you'll need to delete some stations you don't listen to anymore in order to create more. 

Also remember that each of your Pandora stations can play a variety of different artists. If you have many stations based on similar artists or songs, you may consider deleting redundant ones or using the Add Variety feature to make a single station from many similar artists or songs.

Hope this helps! 😄

View solution in original post

3 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@walford Nice to see you around the community. 👋🏽

'Unable to Create Your Station' error message:

Thank you for reporting this - I have escalated your feedback over to our engineers so they can take a closer look.

Station limit on Pandora:

There is a 250 station limit on all accounts, free or paid. Pandora Premium listeners are also limited to 250 stations, but can create as many playlists as they like.

Due to the millions of registered Pandora accounts in our database, these station limits help our systems manage the high amount of user data.

Please note some that older consumer electronic devices and car stereos are not optimized for the new station limit and will still be subject to the previous limit.

If you've reached the 250 limit, you'll need to delete some stations you don't listen to anymore in order to create more. 

Also remember that each of your Pandora stations can play a variety of different artists. If you have many stations based on similar artists or songs, you may consider deleting redundant ones or using the Add Variety feature to make a single station from many similar artists or songs.

Hope this helps! 😄

derse
Local Performer

This was very helpful and fixed my problem. A better error message to the user would be “you have reached your limit of 250 stations. Delete some, and then you will be able to add new stations.”

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@derse Happy to hear this was helpful.

I have passed your feedback along to our engineers as well regarding updating the wording of that error message.

Hope we continue to see you around the community! 😄

0 Kudos