cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gap in Display to the Left of Ad

alysenet
Underground
  • I'm on iphone8.  I just now noticed that to the left of the Pandora ad on the what's playing type of screen I see a vertical slit. The height of the ad. During the music (not during a commercial) I'm able to slide the screen to the left to hide the slit temporarily. Very odd, as if you're seeing through to behind the ad.

C4EA4594-2691-4848-BBBB-D7EF5B8AC603.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @alysenet. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this.

From a quick glance at your screenshot, it looks like it's the album art for the previous song that played before that advertisement popped up. During your listening sessions, you can scroll back from the "Now Playing" screen to view previous songs that played.

Are you noticing this with every song / advertisement?

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @alysenet. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this.

From a quick glance at your screenshot, it looks like it's the album art for the previous song that played before that advertisement popped up. During your listening sessions, you can scroll back from the "Now Playing" screen to view previous songs that played.

Are you noticing this with every song / advertisement?

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

alysenet
Underground

6E90DBB6-C344-47B3-A3C2-EB7961A0E0E5.png

459F7992-B348-49E0-9CE3-8F1DB1C40591.png

006275DA-C8A7-486C-B831-9CD9C49FE673.png

90D6C496-AA74-4136-B8F8-77B7A47C0A3E.png

Hi. Thanks for your reply.  Some answers for you about the displays on my iphone 8 (ios 14.5.1):

1.  Ah, yes . . . When an album cover or ad is displayed: When I then scroll back to the previous song, I see that, yes, that vertical sliver I had seen at the left of the album cover was a piece of the previous album cover or ad.  Fascinating.
2.  Seems so ... on every cover/ad.  Also tried on my iphone 6s plus, and it's the same thing...I just had never noticed or else it recently started.  I also checked another station and it's the same screen phenomenon.

Attached screengrab scrollback examples...
-  Goodnight playing with ad...sliver and then scrollback.
-  Dancing on the Light playing....no ad...sliver and then scrollback.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks so much for providing those helpful details and screenshots, @alysenet.

In the meantime, I would recommend trying out these steps to see if it helps resolve this issue: iOS Troubleshooting

If the issue persists, I can report this over to our engineering team on your behalf. Feel free to let me know how it goes. 🎧

0 Kudos

alysenet
Underground

I tried the first suggestion in the list you referred me to ...the good old Uninstall-reinstall....it didn't help.  The second suggestion was about a different problem.  Time for the developers to look at the display sizing or something similar.

I just now tried the *web* (versus app)  version of Pandora and I see that the card-like display is more user intuitive as being deliberate and a way to look at the immediately prior albums.  There's a sort of notch cutout at top and bottom of the sliver.  It's also thicker but I realize a phone offers less real estate.  Just seems there may be a clearer way on our phones to visually say "swype here for earlier albums." Maybe add a symbol?  Hmmm.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for your feedback about this, @alysenet. I have shared this with the appropriate party on your behalf so they can investigate further.

In the meantime, if you'd like to see a symbol for earlier songs played during your listening sessions, I would recommend creating a feature suggestion here. Other listener may be interested in seeing this option implemented as well.

Hope to see you around the community space more often. 🎧

0 Kudos

alysenet
Underground

8E5AF135-F75A-4AC1-918A-F8DB37DF606D.png

445AE22E-0403-4603-AE9F-79BB466B9044.png

15233E03-8A26-492E-832D-D3BFD13F3E1F.png

C3300AC9-4696-48AA-8D49-90468A18F02B.png

3B488B53-91F9-4FDB-81D5-B0043F35300F.png

B89FC50A-0ADC-4C7B-B634-9165B430177B.png

A6C05BE0-79B7-464B-9D2E-392538DC5B5C.png

There is already a feature request for a prior-song-info symbol.  The Pandora reviewer didn't seem to understand it....he said they'd already a way to see the prior song/info....the scroll thing that's not user intuitive.  I added my two cents as a comment in that thread.