cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I listen to Pandora in Chrome on ipad?

LMS5400
Local Performer

It seems to be user-agent sniffing (or similar) and figuring that I have an ipod and then forcing me to install an app -- nah bro.

I tried to app, but the sound quality seemed significantly more poor compared to my windows PC so I wanted to try it directly in Chrome to see if that made a difference -- I have paid account. I would prefer to use the ipod rather than lugging my laptop to my stereo system.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

LMS5400
Local Performer

awe...click on 3 dots - "request desktop site"

worked.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@LMS5400 It sounds like you may have got this figured out on your end.

However, I will still post these instructions on how to install the Pandora app on an iPad in case any other Community members come across this thread.

While you won't be able to stream Pandora through a browser (Ex: Chrome) on your iPad, you can find our app in the App Store on your device. Search for Pandora and tap Install.

You can also go to pandora.com on your phone or tablet's web browser, scroll down and select Get the App to install the app.

Downloading any app from the App Store will require that you enter the password for your Apple ID. Keep in mind that the email address and password for your Apple ID account may be different than your Pandora account.

Also, please be aware that Pandora requires iOS 12 or higher. If you are running iOS 11 or lower, you will need to update your iOS version.

If you're not sure how to update the OS on your phone, you can refer to this article for more help.

Thanks for being a part of the Community! :pandora:

0 Kudos

timothybronson
Local Performer

I have an iPad that's not able to be updated to iOS 14, and I'd still like to be able to give Pandora my monthly payment. How can I listen?

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @timothybronson 👋

The current version of Pandora for iOS requires iOS 14. To confirm the iOS version you are running on your device, open your device's Settings, go to General, About, and Version. 

If you are running a version older than iOS 14, you will need to update your iOS version.

Otherwise, I'm afraid you won't be able to download the current version of the Pandora app on that device. Previous versions of the Pandora app are not available for download. 

However, could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)

Hope this was helpful, let me know if you have any other questions!

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos