cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get rid of Shuffle on iPad

BettyBoop44
Local Performer

Thumbs up on iPad had been replaced by Shuffle.  How do I get rid of it?  It is not highlighted.  Another post for Android said to highlight Shuffle.  I click on it and nothing happens.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @BettyBoop44. 👋

Sorry for any trouble you've experienced.

Looks like your Pandora account is upgraded to Premium. I can help with instructions on how to edit your shuffle and exit shuffle.

Editing Shuffle Stations:

• Go to My Collection.
    • Pandora Premium subscribers will need to filter My Collection further by Stations. Then tap the Pencil to the right of Shuffle stations.

There, you can select or deselect which stations you'd like to appear in your Shuffle by Station or Genre. Tap Save on the top right corner of your screen when done.

++

Exiting Shuffle:

Unfortunately, completely removing shuffle is not a feature of Pandora.

To turn off / exit shuffle, simply click or tap the name of a different station.

Hope this helps clarify! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BettyBoop44 Would it be possible to send me a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

BettyBoop44
Local Performer

Unfortunately, I do not know how to do a screen shot on my iPad!  Also, somehow the Shuffle got turned off and the Thumbs Up has appeared again, so problem solved.  I would like to learn how to turn off Shuffle in the future, though.  It was on the screen that shows Thumbs Up/Down, play, skip, etc.  The shuffle icon replaced the thumbs up.  I looked up Edit Shuffle for iOS Device in the Help section and tried to follow instructions for Premium subscribers, but didn't understand the instructions.  The only pencil I saw was Edit on the LEFT side, not on the right side as the instructions said.  Clicking on the pencil did not have any options to cancel or delete shuffle.  Now I cannot even find that Edit pencil to see what exactly it said.  I just started using Pandora and am trying to learn how to navigate through it.  It is confusing at times.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @BettyBoop44. 👋

Sorry for any trouble you've experienced.

Looks like your Pandora account is upgraded to Premium. I can help with instructions on how to edit your shuffle and exit shuffle.

Editing Shuffle Stations:

• Go to My Collection.
    • Pandora Premium subscribers will need to filter My Collection further by Stations. Then tap the Pencil to the right of Shuffle stations.

There, you can select or deselect which stations you'd like to appear in your Shuffle by Station or Genre. Tap Save on the top right corner of your screen when done.

++

Exiting Shuffle:

Unfortunately, completely removing shuffle is not a feature of Pandora.

To turn off / exit shuffle, simply click or tap the name of a different station.

Hope this helps clarify! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

BobCratchet
Local Performer

This is where Pandora is losing me as a customer. I've been faithful for years. Playing shuffle of stations is as primary as playing thumbprint radio. A simple main screen that says: play stations, songs, play lists or SHUFFLE (and then a sub option for your playlists, etc).  Why make it so tough? And this is why Apple had so many competitors pop up. They lost people on their interface. I just starting using Spotify... SOOO much easier and simpler... Pandora has the best stations that respond to selections and thumbs... and then they fall off the cliff on the interface...

0 Kudos