cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline content doesn't fully download

gibbygipson02
Local Performer

I didn’t have service all of a sudden, turned my phone off then on. All of a sudden I got logged out of my Pandora account. I logged back in and it got rid of all my music. I swiped out and opened it again and it only showed some songs and none of them were downloaded anymore and I pay for premium! Now when I’m at work where I don’t have service my music won’t play and I had a lot of songs downloaded. Now I am home with good service and WiFi and nothing is downloading even though it says it is! I am angry and need it fixed or need a refund because I shouldn’t be going threw this after paying for premium! 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@gibbygipson02 I definitely understand your frustration with all of this. I moved your post to the iOS space since you are experiencing this issue on your iOS device.

Someone from our User Support team will be reaching out to separately via email to look into this further with you. In the meantime, I've provided some information on why your downloads were removed, along with some tips that may help get your content downloaded for offline mode. 

Downloads removed from phone:

To explain, logging out of your account and logging back in on your phone will wipe out all of your downloaded content for offline mode. 

Unfortunately, there isn't an easy way to restore previous downloads once they have been removed from your device, however I recommend giving this existing idea a  ❤️ to express your interest in getting it added to the service. 

Downloads not completing:

You should be able to re-download content for offline mode. Pandora will never use the last 500MB of storage, so we will only download as many stations as we can before we hit that limit.

Is it possible that this might be occurring because there is not enough storage on your device?

• If it doesn't appear to be storage related, I'd recommend signing out of the app and signing back in, which will reset the download process. Then, make sure to keep Pandora in the foreground of your device while the download completes.

• If you continue to have trouble, check the download icon for the content you are attempting to download. The two rotating arrows indicate that the content is still in the download process and the highlighted downward pointing arrow means the content has successfully downloaded.

• If the icon is not highlighted, try downloading the content again and keep the app in the foreground while your offline music downloads. Keep in mind that stations and large playlists take a longer time to download.

• Lastly, if you are having trouble downloading stations, please try downloading a single track for offline listening to see if that works.

I hope this helps. Please keep an eye out for the email coming from our support team as well. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@gibbygipson02 I definitely understand your frustration with all of this. I moved your post to the iOS space since you are experiencing this issue on your iOS device.

Someone from our User Support team will be reaching out to separately via email to look into this further with you. In the meantime, I've provided some information on why your downloads were removed, along with some tips that may help get your content downloaded for offline mode. 

Downloads removed from phone:

To explain, logging out of your account and logging back in on your phone will wipe out all of your downloaded content for offline mode. 

Unfortunately, there isn't an easy way to restore previous downloads once they have been removed from your device, however I recommend giving this existing idea a  ❤️ to express your interest in getting it added to the service. 

Downloads not completing:

You should be able to re-download content for offline mode. Pandora will never use the last 500MB of storage, so we will only download as many stations as we can before we hit that limit.

Is it possible that this might be occurring because there is not enough storage on your device?

• If it doesn't appear to be storage related, I'd recommend signing out of the app and signing back in, which will reset the download process. Then, make sure to keep Pandora in the foreground of your device while the download completes.

• If you continue to have trouble, check the download icon for the content you are attempting to download. The two rotating arrows indicate that the content is still in the download process and the highlighted downward pointing arrow means the content has successfully downloaded.

• If the icon is not highlighted, try downloading the content again and keep the app in the foreground while your offline music downloads. Keep in mind that stations and large playlists take a longer time to download.

• Lastly, if you are having trouble downloading stations, please try downloading a single track for offline listening to see if that works.

I hope this helps. Please keep an eye out for the email coming from our support team as well. 

Johnabruzzini
Local Performer

Can you download those songs from the playlist so I can listen to them offline?? I have almost 1900 songs but every time I try and download the playlist, it never shows up on my offline list of playlists.

using iPhone 11 pro

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Johnabruzzini I moved your post to this thread since it sounds like you are experiencing a similar issue with your offline content not downloading to your device.

Please run through the troubleshooting steps I provided in my message above listed under Downloads not completing and let me know if it helps. 

0 Kudos

Johnabruzzini
Local Performer

Okay, it’s definitely not a storage issue. And I just signed out and signed back into my account. So all my stations are downloading again. I’ll let you know what happens. I was just thinking because it’s almost 1900 songs that’s why it couldn’t be downloaded or something?

thanks,

john

0 Kudos

trevithickmarka
Local Performer

I have been having issues downloading the full Playlist, I have tried everything mentioned above. It says downloaded but more than half of the songs in the Playlist don't have the download check on them.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @trevithickmarka. 👋

Thanks for posting about your experience.

Pandora will never use the last 500MB of storage, so we will only download as many stations as we can before we hit that limit.

Were you able to check your storage as well?

Which playlist are you having trouble with? Is it a larger one?

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)
0 Kudos