cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline stations constantly buffering and becoming "unavailable"

vanilla27
Local Performer

Hi, over the past few weeks my offline stations are cutting out (buffering?) and will come up with the message "station unavailable" 

I've removed my online stations and redownloaded them several times, and uninstalled/reinstalled the app.

I using an iPhone 8 and all updates have been completed on both my phone and the Pandora app. 

Help, please! 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @vanilla27. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your offline tunes. I understand how frustrating this must be.Based on your post, it sounds like you're attempted to reset the offline download process multiple times (by uninstalling / reinstalling).

I would like to report this issue to our engineers. Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: iPhone 8
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?
  • If you're able to, could you also send over a screenshot of the error message you're noticing?

Let me know what you find out. Appreciate your help with this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 

vanilla27
Local Performer

thanks,

• Device & Generation: iPhone 8
  • Carrier: Verizon
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version) 14.2
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen) 2010.1.1
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening? this only happens while I'm listening to my offline stations in my car (cellular). I thought offline stations aren't using data....which is why I'm confused about the buffering and unavailable station error.
  • Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?no, but I have over 40G of free space on my phone. It's not a memory issue.
  • If you're able to, could you also send over a screenshot of the error message you're noticing? no. Happens while driving.
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@vanilla27 Thanks for that helpful information.

• How is your smartphone connected to your car? (Bluetooth, USB, Aux)
  • Is your vehicle equipped with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay?

Let me know.

Please use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

vanilla27
Local Performer

My phone is connected to my car via Bluetooth, and I don't have apple carplay.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@vanilla27 Have you tried pairing your iPhone with your car via Bluetooth to refresh the connection?

If not, let's try re-pairing the connection between your car and the phone:

• To remove the pairing, please go into the Bluetooth settings menu on your phone, find the appropriate connection, and select "Forget this device."
  • Once you've done so, refer to your car's manual for the steps to reconnect the car system to your phone. Using the Voice Commands for your unit (if available) is often the easiest way to do this.

Let me know how it goes.

*Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

vanilla27
Local Performer

I unpaired and paired my phone. No luck. 
Does offline listening use cellular data? Or communicate with a third party? 
it is buffering and telling me the station is unavailable. If it were downloaded in my phone why would it buffer??

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@vanilla27 The short answer is no, offline listening will not use data on your device.

Downloading only happens on Wi-Fi, unless you've opted-in to downloading over cellular connections in your settings. In that way, it will only affect your data usage if you want it to.

This being said, we'd be happy to look into this further with you.

Can you please also send over a screenshot of that "station is unavailable" error message you are seeing?

Thanks for working with us on this. 🤝

vanilla27
Local Performer

Hi, I can't send a screenshot while driving, however, I noticed when I turned on the "download over cellular" setting within the app, the problem isn't happening. Any idea why that would be?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@vanilla27 Thanks for providing these helpful details. I've shared your issue with our engineering team so that they can look further into this. 

Appreciate your patience during this process! 🎧