cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Premium with Apple Watch

Bigtom1899
Local Performer

I upgraded from the plus to the premium so I can get more on my Apple Watch. However, I made a play list of 53 songs and only have 10 on the watch. Also, I can only get the stations that I had on the plus account to move to the watch and no more. 

I need help in how to get more stations/music for offline listening. Also in the plus app on the phone you could go to setting and see it moving songs over. Where is that feature on the premium 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

bobtherr1
Underground

Download syncing for offline listening was finally working fairly reliably when I downloaded the newest update. Now it won't sync at all. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the Pandora app on both my Apple Watch 4 and iPhone 6s but still nothing. I've followed all of the other instructions you listed above. UPDATE: I rebooted the watch once again and my downloaded content synced overnight. Awesome update to the watch app (if syncing remains stable). Love that it shows if music is being played from the iPhone, Watch or offline. Too bad podcasts can't be downloaded and synced

View solution in original post

4 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Bigtom1899. 👋

The Pandora app for Apple Watch supports offline listening for Pandora Plus, Pandora Premium and Premium Family subscribers. You can add content you have downloaded for offline listening on your iPhone to your Apple Watch.

Please note: You'll need to keep your offline content downloaded on your iPhone within the Pandora app.

Pandora Premium subscribers can download as many sources as the capacity of their watch will allow, including stations, albums, songs, or playlists. The amount of tunes on your watch depends on the storage space you have on that device. 

To make offline content available on the Pandora app for your Apple Watch you must:

• Download your offline content to the Pandora app on your iPhone 📲
  • Ensure your iPhone and Apple Watch are paired through Wi-Fi or Bluetooth
  • Allow Pandora to refresh in the background (Go to Watch app on iPhone then General > Background App Refresh)
  • Dock your Apple Watch on its charger to speed up downloading 

When listening offline from your watch, be sure to use thumbs. Your offline content will automatically sync with your iPhone when your watch is charging and any thumbs you've provided will be recorded.

Hope this info is helpful.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Bigtom1899.

Just following up with you regarding your watch.

We now have a standalone app for the Apple Watch.

You can find out more about it works here! 🎧

0 Kudos

bobtherr1
Underground

Download syncing for offline listening was finally working fairly reliably when I downloaded the newest update. Now it won't sync at all. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the Pandora app on both my Apple Watch 4 and iPhone 6s but still nothing. I've followed all of the other instructions you listed above. UPDATE: I rebooted the watch once again and my downloaded content synced overnight. Awesome update to the watch app (if syncing remains stable). Love that it shows if music is being played from the iPhone, Watch or offline. Too bad podcasts can't be downloaded and synced

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks so much for the feedback, @bobtherr1

Feel free to let us know if you run into any issues during your listening sessions.

In the meantime, enjoy the tunes! 🎹

0 Kudos