cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(RESOLVED) 2/28/24: Apple Watch: Standalone app no longer loads

forcar
Local Performer

Hello! All of the sudden the pandora app has stopped working on my Apple Watch. I have the newest SE Model with a cellular plan and after subscribing to premium the app will not launch. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app several times and reset my apple watch twice and the same thing is happening.

If I play Pandora through my iPhone I can control the music from my watch but I like to use the watch independently from the phone when working out.

Hope someone can help because I'm stumped. 

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Pandora Update: 2/29/24

Hi all!

As some of you may have already noticed, version 2401.1.1 was released yesterday evening. This updated version is believed to have resolved the loading issue with the stand alone Pandora app for Apple Watch.

Please ensure that the Pandora app is updated on both your iOS device and Apple watch. Here's how you can manually update the Pandora app from the App store on your Apple devices.

Thank you to those who have commented that the app is working again. If you haven't already, please be sure to update to the latest version and try again.

This thread will be marked as resolved and future comments will be disabled. If you continue to have trouble with your Apple Watch or if there is a new issue, please create a new post.

Thanks for being part of community!

Pandora Update: 2/27/24

Hi all!

Thanks again for letting us know about this issue with the Apple Watch.

Our engineering team is currently investigating this issue. We will continue to keep you posted with updates as it is provided to the moderation team.

Thanks for you continued patience.

Pandora Update: 2/26/24

Hi all!

Thanks for posting your experience with your Apple Watch. I've gone ahead and passed this along to our engineering team for further review and investigation into what may be happening.

If you've recently been experiencing a similar issue with your Apple Watch, please let me know the following info:

• Apple Watch OS version:
  • Pandora version (on your phone):
  • If you are using the stand alone Pandora app on your Apple Watch, can you continue to control playback on Pandora on your Apple Watch with your phone?

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

Note: I've marked this post as the Accepted Solution to flag the current steps and status. This post will be updated with more information as it is provided to the moderation team.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

36 Replies

Agchase6
Underground

I have the app on my phone and it shows up on my Apple Watch but when I tap it, it will not launch. I have turned watch on and off. Deleted the app from my watch and reinstalled it…. But it still won’t launch. Any ideas? 

Trex0331
Local Performer

The same exact thing has been happening to me recently. I have tried everything and this is the first time I’ve found somebody with the same issue! This is happening on a series 6 by the way. If you figure anything out, please reply to me and let me know I’ll do the same,

Eherman
Underground

I am experiencing the exact same issue.  I just spent hours on the phone with apple support, who ultimately came up with no working solutions.  So frustrated!

Hello! I am experiencing the same issue. Brand new Apple Watch set up today and Pandora is the only app that won’t load. It worked fine on the old watch. I spent hours on the phone with apple support tonight and they couldn’t find a fix.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

Agchase6
Underground

I unfortunately had to download a new streaming service for music…. Very frustrating 

++

Same watch here…. It worked one day and then not the next….

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

StedmanLaJoy
Underground

Same issue here since this morning.  App worked fine on watch 2/24/2024.  Now won't open despite off/on both watch/phone, reinstall app, update iOS.  Can't imagine what else to do.  App works fine on the phone.  Have used the watch app for years without issue until this morning.  I've contacted Pandora Support, Reddit sub and posted to X, but no replies yet with any solutions.

TannerPandora

Pandora Update: 2/29/24

Hi all!

As some of you may have already noticed, version 2401.1.1 was released yesterday evening. This updated version is believed to have resolved the loading issue with the stand alone Pandora app for Apple Watch.

Thank you to those who have commented that the app is working again. If you haven't already, please be sure to update to the latest version and try again.

This thread will be marked as resolved and future comments will be disabled. If you continue to have trouble with your Apple Watch or if there is a new issue, please create a new post.

Thanks for being part of community!

Pandora Update: 2/27/24

Hi all!

Thanks again for letting us know about this issue with the Apple Watch.

Our engineering team is currently investigating this issue. We will continue to keep you posted with updates as it is provided to the moderation team.

Thanks for you continued patience.

Pandora Update: 2/26/24

Hi all!

Thanks for posting your experience with your Apple Watch. I've gone ahead and passed this along to our engineering team for further review and investigation into what may be happening.

If you've recently been experiencing a similar issue with your Apple Watch, please let me know the following info:

• Apple Watch OS version:
  • Pandora version (on your phone):
  • If you are using the stand alone Pandora app on your Apple Watch, can you continue to control playback on Pandora on your Apple Watch with your phone?

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

Note: I've marked this post as the Accepted Solution to flag the current steps and status. This post will be updated with more information as it is provided to the moderation team.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Eherman
Underground
Thanks for your response. Here is the information you requested:
—Apple Watch OS version: 10.3.1
—Pandora version (on your phone): watch stands alone with no phone, so does
not apply
—If you are using the stand alone Pandora app on your Apple Watch, can you
continue to control playback on Pandora on your Apple Watch with your
phone? Again, Watch not connected to phone as it is stand alone so does not
apply

StedmanLaJoy
Underground

Pandora Version 2401.1 - uninstalled and downloaded/reinstalled 2/26/2024

Apple Watch Series 9 iOS 10.3.1 - updated 2/26/2024

I can use the watch Now Playing feature to control Pandora playback on the iPhone 12.  I cannot open the Pandora app at all on the watch.  This is new from 2 days ago when all worked fine.

bkitchen9
Local Performer

Pandora suddenly stopped loading on my iwatch 7. Works fine on my iPhone.  What I tried:

* Uninstalled and reinstalled app on my iwatch

*Uninstalled and reinstalled app on my iPhone

*Restarted both iwatch and iPhone

Maybe pair phone and watch again ?

Grrrr....

IOS V. 17.3.1.   Watch OS V. 10.3.1

pwhegi
Local Performer

Same issues for me. Only difference is i'm on the Series 8

Agchase6
Underground

Mine is the same situation as above series 9 and watch and updated pandora. 

RachelDrone
Local Performer

Same. Apple Watch 8, all is up to date. Only stopped working today. Pandora won’t show on watch Home Screen, but is on the app screen, however tapping it does nothing. I’ve unintended reinstalled, and restarted watch and phone

StedmanLaJoy
Underground

I tried yesterday evening on my old Series 4 Watch (not updated for several month) and the app seemed to work normally.  This morning 2/27/2024, app still not working on Series 9 watch.

0 Kudos

mi2tall
Local Performer

Same as above with Apple Watch Ultra. App worked independently on 2/25 but will not load today.

bstan141
Local Performer

Same as the others. I could launch the app on February 25 but after that the app stoped launching. It works fine everywhere else except for on my watch. I have the iPhone 15 Promax. Apple Watch is the Ultra 2nd addition

Jeannie2480
Local Performer

I reported the problem to Pandora and they said that they would send it to their engineering department. About five days ago an updated app was launched to fix a previous problem I think the problem lies in that software. The more people that log a complaint the faster it will escalate up the ladder.

Sucarroll
Local Performer

Same. Pandora opens on my iPhone but will not open on Apple watch. Has been working fine for the last year with no issues. 

Mseraida
Local Performer

Pandora no longer working with Apple Watch.  Series 7.  

dcoats
Local Performer

Same issue. Apple Watch Series 7. Both watchOS and Pandora app up to date. Glad I’m not the only one, was starting to lose my mind.