cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skipping 15 Seconds Skips Entire Podcast Episode

SkyTMW
Underground

When I go into podcasts, any of them for a matter of fact, I try listening to one which plays like normal. but I try skipping to the time I was listening or skip 15 seconds with the buttons, it skips the whole entire episode without an error. I use an iPad air gen 4 and an iphone XS and they both do the exact same thing. I tried uninstalling pandora to fix it and doing everything in my power online with different forum discussions which is not a big help either. what’s wrong with pandora and their podcasts? the version I have for pandora is the most up to date as well as iOS versions. 

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @SkyTMW. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble listening to podcasts from your iOS devices. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

I would like to report this issue to our engineers. Could you tell me more about your devices?

• Device & Generation: iPad Air Gen 4 and iPhone XS
  • Carrier: 
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Could you provide the name of a podcast this happens with?

Thanks so much for your help with this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @SkyTMW. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble listening to podcasts from your iOS devices. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

I would like to report this issue to our engineers. Could you tell me more about your devices?

• Device & Generation: iPad Air Gen 4 and iPhone XS
  • Carrier: 
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Could you provide the name of a podcast this happens with?

Thanks so much for your help with this. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

SkyTMW
Underground

Both devices are on 14.5.1

Pandora version is 2104.1.1

both devices are using cellular most of the time and i listen to the critical role podcast

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks so much for providing those details, @SkyTMW. I have reported this over to our engineering team for you. We appreciate your patience while they look into this. 🎧

0 Kudos

SkyTMW
Underground

It is still very broken, i dont know whats up, if there was an update but im getting extremely frustrated with podcats and having it buffer then skip the entire episode to one that i dont want

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SkyTMW Pandora app version 2104.1.1 should be available to you. Are you still on 2104.1?

Let me know so I can report that this is happening on the newest version as well.

Thanks for sticking with me on this frustrating issue. 🎧

0 Kudos

SkyTMW
Underground

I am on version 2104.1.1, still having the same issues

Golgaunt
Local Performer

Is there a fix for this? I'm on version 2108.1.1 and the issue continues. Iphone 12 with IOS 15.1 Happens on wifi and cellular. Critical Role podcast currently on C2E124. I can these episodes as normal on my Samsung Note 10 and on my PC. I assume the issue is IOS related.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Golgaunt. 👋

Thanks for reporting your experience and your device details. I haven't seen any new reports of this issue since May 2021.

Have you tried uninstalling / reinstalling yet? If not, I would recommend trying out these steps to see if the issue persists: iOS Troubleshooting

Let me know, and I can report this to our engineering team. 🎧

0 Kudos

Golgaunt
Local Performer

I have followed the IOS troubleshooting steps of uninstall/reboot/reinstall multiple times with the same result. The podcasts will continuously buffer (on wifi and on cellular) and then just not play. When the play button is hit again the podcast starts from the beginning regardless of where you last left off. When attempting to fast forward either by the 15 second skip or manually selecting the spot on the timeline, the continuous buffering begins again until the podcast resets to not playing. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@GolgauntCan you please send over a screenshot of what you are seeing when the app buffers?

Thanks for working with us on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Golgaunt
Local Performer

This is on the iphone 12 with IOS 15pandora IOS 15.png

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Golgaunt Thank you for the follow up, and for sharing that screenshot. We've gone ahead and let our engineering team know about this. 🎧

0 Kudos