cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Songs Speed Up / Slow Down with Bluetooth Device

cmalcom
Local Performer

Songs speed up then slow down like a broken record player Lately my music will speed and slow as if it were being played on a record player or something.  It doesn't cut out, but will slow to like 3/4 speed and then next second its up to 1.25 speed or something like that... its weird.  I would expect it to cut out if the bandwidth was low.  Having said that....

IPhone 11pro
Connection good so should be totally fine.
Latest update installed.

Any idea whats going on?

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
41 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Oneslow323. 👋

Thanks for letting us know about your experience. 

Did you get a chance to try out these steps yet? You can find them here: iOS Troubleshooting

If you continue to have trouble with this, please provide the requested information here

*Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

ldiener
Local Performer

Hi Folks,

Hoping this situation will be familiar to someone who can suggest a solution.  When I listen to a Pandora stream with my iPad over WiFi, I frequently experience what best can be described as wow and flutter.  Songs/Tunes speed up and slow down during playback as if someone was putting their finger on a turntable or the belt was going bad.

This occurs when listening through the iPad’s speakers and also when listening through Bluetooth speakers.  I feel like the problem is more significant with the Bluetooth speakers.

I’ve tried searching for similar issues and found references to loud noise or distortions but not speeding up and slowing down. Any thoughts on what can be done to stop or correct this behavior?

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @ldiener. 👋

Thanks so much for reporting your experience. 

I moved your post over to this existing thread to keep the community space organized: Songs Speed Up / Slow Down with Bluetooth Device

First, I would recommend checking out the accepted solution for this thread here.

++

If you still have trouble, could you provide more details about how you're listening?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPad Air 2 / the speaker make & model)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

ldiener
Local Performer
Thanks very much. Those references did not come up when I searched the
forum. I'll check them out and get back to you with the
additional information you requested if the problem is not resolved.

Larry

Brenda27
Local Performer

I’ve been having the same exact problem with the iPhone 12 not gonna lie I feel like my phone is possessed because I’ve uninstalled the pandora app and Reinstalled it and I’m still having the same problems I’m close to deleting this app for good it’s too creepy at this point

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Brenda27. 👋

Could you share more about what devices you're using when this happens?

• Device & Generation + Bluetooth Device: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air with Amazon Echo speaker)
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Let me know. 🎧

Jimmybarr06
Local Performer

Im having the same exact problem just started happening yesterday 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Jimmybarr06. 👋

Thanks for letting us know about your experience. 

First, I would recommend checking out the accepted solution for this thread here.

If you continue to have trouble, could you share more information about how you're connected with your devices?

• Device & Generation + Bluetooth Device: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air with Amazon Echo speaker)
  • Carrier:

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

soanso
Local Performer

So is there an actual solution for this nonsense from Pandora?  My spotify account does not do it.......has anyone solved this as I am tired of seeing Alyssa Pandoras same response to everyone when I have tried all those steps and it is still occuring....

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @soanso. 👋

Thanks for your feedback. We provide the troubleshooting steps while we have a trace enabled on your Pandora account to share with our engineers. Please note, uninstalling and reinstalling will ensure that you're using the latest version of our app, which may include a fix for different issues. 

I'm happy to report this on your behalf. Please provide the following information:

• Carrier:
  • Do any error messages pop up? If so, what exactly does it say?

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

0 Kudos

Worldgongood
Local Performer

I have slow down/speed up issues too. No cutting out, just variable speed. 

At home I have one gig wifi, so it’s not buffering. 

It happens whether playing through wifi on Amazon echo devices, or on wifi on my iPhone 11.   Same issue.   Less frequently on the echo devices. 

I think it also happens occasionally on my iPhone when streaming through cellular as well  

This started about two to three months ago. 

I have a full account, not free. 

Help?

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Worldgongood. 👋

Thanks for your post about this. 

Could you share more info about your device? I'd like to add your experience / device details to an internal ticket we have open with our engineering team.

• Carrier:

Thanks for working with me on this. 🎧

0 Kudos

ladysun1969
Local Performer

OMG this just started happening to me today -- I felt like I was taking crazy pills!!

iPhone 11, iOS 14.8.1, Pandora 2110.1.1-5-1535d8bf, AT&T, no error messages, cellular, Bluetooth device in my car.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @ladysun1969. 👋

Thanks for posting your device information and sharing details about your experience.

I have reported this over to our engineering team on your behalf. 🎧

0 Kudos

ladysun1969
Local Performer

Thank you, Alyssa.

Have they found a solution in the almost 700 days since this thread was started?

0 Kudos

stealthbb4
Local Performer

FYI - I stream bluetooth to the same speaker through both Pandora and a few other music providers. When Pandora starts doing this to me, I switch to another provider, through the same phone, same connection and same speaker and it not happening. This means it's not my phone, my speaker, or my bluetooth, it must either be the Pandora service or the app. I have deleted the app, reinstalled and repaired, will see if that fixed it.

0 Kudos

billd
Local Performer

Hello adam

i recently have also experienced this record player slowing sound on pandora
I first heard it a couple of weeks ago 

and then today it did it continuously for several songs. Right now it is ok

but please add my account to the trouble file 

I’m using iPhone12 with latest update and Bluetooth 
thanks  

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @billd 👋

No problem, I have enabled a trace on your account. The trace will help us better understand what’s happening and will be useful for our engineering team in case we need to report this.

In the meantime, you can try out these troubleshooting steps here.

In addition, I would recommend unpairing your Bluetooth devices and then re-paring them to see if it helps.

Lastly, If none of this helped, would you mind providing more details about how you're listening?

• Carrier:
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Let me know how it goes! :pandora:

Gerald | Community Moderator
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

ChevyPower1
Underground

I just started to experience the slowing and speeding up of Pandora music. I'm not using a paired Bluetooth device though. I'm using 3.5 mm wired earbuds. Any ideas? Thanks..

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Hi @ChevyPower1 👋

Thanks for posting and being a part of the Community.

I've enabled a trace on your account so that we can take a closer look at what's going on. For this trace to be helpful, please run through our iOS Troubleshooting steps.

In addition, if you're still experiencing these issues, would you mind providing your device details so that I can pass your info on to our engineers?

• Device & Generation:
  • Carrier:

Let us know how it goes!

Gerald | Community Moderator
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport