cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Songs break up (skip) when ads pop up on Pandora

dstevener
Local Performer

Hi Everyone,

I have had Pandora for years and years, but its beginning to push my closer to making a change, as this issues has been getting worse.  Every time a song is playing and an ad pops up in Pandora, the song begins to skip or break up (over bluetooth). for what its worth, this happens with new bluetooth speakers and old ones alike.   It makes listening to music terrible.  It doest get better. I have to pause the song and wait for the ad to go away, then another ad typically pops up...  once they stop, I can play the song fine.  I am using an iphone X.  Any input is appreciated. 

Here is what I have done thus far:

1) closed out the app and reopened it

2) Restarted phone multiple times

3) Deleted the app and re-downloaded it.

4) I have updated the firmware on my other devices (Speakers, Receivers)

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dstevener Our support team enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps linked here once more.

If you continue to experience issues with this, I would like to report your feedback to our engineers. Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: iPhone X
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Settings & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or 3G/4G (cellular data) when this is happening?

Also, are you experiencing this in locations where you used to be able to listen without issue?

Thanks for your help with this!

0 Kudos

dstevener
Local Performer

Hi Adam,

Thank you for the reply, I appreciate it!

• Device & Generation: iPhone X
  • Carrier: Sprint
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version): 13.5
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Settings & scroll to the bottom of the screen): 2005.1

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or 3G/4G (cellular data) when this is happening?

For the most part I am on Wi-Fi when it happens, but also when I am driving and over a signal as too. It just happened this morning while listening, about 20 minutes ago.

Also, are you experiencing this in locations where you used to be able to listen without issue?

I don't think its location specific, it just happens all the time now whenever Pandora runs an ad.

Any and all help s truly appreciated, as you can imagine this is maddening, when you are wanting to listen to music.

Thank you,

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dstevener Thanks so much for providing this helpful information. I've shared this with our engineering team to investigate. We appreciate you taking the time to report this. 

Thanks for your patience while we look into this! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos