cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch: Time display vanishes after update

kkoyle
Underground

When Pandora is playing and the display is on my Apple Watch the time display is gone. I used to see the time of day in the upper corner of the Pandora display on the Apple Watch, but after the last update it disappeared. Is there a way to change the Pandora display so it shows the time of day?

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kkoyle Let's try some troubleshooting steps to see if we can resolve this.

First, try restarting your iPhone and Apple Watch. Press and hold the side button to power it off, and then do the same to power it on again.

If you're still having trouble, try the following steps to uninstall and reinstall the Pandora app on your watch:

1. Go to the Watch app on iPhone.
  2. Scroll down and find Pandora.
  3. Tap Pandora then disable the Show App on Apple Watch toggle.
  4. Finally, switch the toggle back on to begin reinstalling the app.

Let me know how it goes.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @kkoyle!

To clarify, is the time showing in the screenshot below what you are referring to? 

Screen Shot 2022-12-31 at 10.45.31 AM.png

If that is no longer displaying for you, can you please send me a screenshot of what you are seeing on your end?

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos

kkoyle
Underground

Thank you for replying, and yes - the time of day at the top right of the screen was not displaying. But yesterday it came back. I didn’t change anything on my end, but when I listened to Pandora yesterday and looked at my Apple Watch the time was there again, so I guess the issue has been resolved. 
Thanks!

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kkoyle Glad to hear things are back up and running again.

If this continues to be an issue down the line, please make sure to reach back out to us and let us know.

Thanks for listening!

0 Kudos

kkoyle
Underground

Well Pandora, I don't know what kind of weirdness is happening here, but the magic fix only lasted a few days. When I was listening to Pandora on my iPhone yesterday and glanced down at my Apple Watch to see what time it was, the time was gone again. It's good to get lost in the music sometimes and not have to worry about the time, but I do, in fact, have to worry about the time. 

And don't criticize the beat up Apple Watch. I'm a working man. Pandora display on Apple Watch, time of day missingPandora display on Apple Watch, time of day missing

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kkoyle Let's try some troubleshooting steps to see if we can resolve this.

First, try restarting your iPhone and Apple Watch. Press and hold the side button to power it off, and then do the same to power it on again.

If you're still having trouble, try the following steps to uninstall and reinstall the Pandora app on your watch:

1. Go to the Watch app on iPhone.
  2. Scroll down and find Pandora.
  3. Tap Pandora then disable the Show App on Apple Watch toggle.
  4. Finally, switch the toggle back on to begin reinstalling the app.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

kkoyle
Underground
Thanks Adam. Rebooting both the watch and the phone seems to have worked, at least for now. When I listened to Pandora today the time was showing on the watch again. We’ll see if it stays this time!

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sounds good, @kkoyle.

Please keep us posted if you continue to experience issues.

0 Kudos

Fenderyzz
Local Performer

I had the same issue with my Apple Watch and Pandora. After an update, the time display vanished, too. I tried tinkering with settings but couldn't find a fix. Maybe it's a bug they'll address in a future update. You will find an article about it, when it's available. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

mod edit: removed 3rd party link

0 Kudos

robhold82
Local Performer

Mine and my Wife's watches are doing the same thing.  We have done all the steps listed in this post to no avail.   Any word on an update that might fix the issue?  I will be posting this on Apple as well.

0 Kudos

kkoyle
Underground
It's happened to me several times. Each time I just reinstall the Pandora
app on my watch and it fixes it.
0 Kudos