cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble using Pandora offline with Apple Watch 3

TB1
Local Performer

Hi.  I have an Apple Watch 3 and have signed up for Pandora Plus.  I want to use my watch to listen to music when I run.  My understanding from articles is that I can use the offlline feature for this, but every time I disconnect my watch from my phone, Pandora stops working.  Can I listen to Pandora on a run without bringing my phone with me?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @TB1. 👋

The Pandora app for Apple Watch allows you to launch and control the Pandora app on your iPhone. However, standalone playback for Apple watches with mobile data is not yet supported.

I would recommend creating a feature request here, if you'd like to see a standalone app available for the Apple Watch. 

++

For now, you can use the Pandora app for Apple Watch to launch and control the Pandora app on your iPhone. Subscribers can also download content directly to Apple Watch for offline listening.

• Using the watch app you can Thumb, skip and replay songs without opening your phone (Thumbs on offline stations will be inactive or grayed out for now).
  • From the first screen, free listeners will be able to choose from recently played stations or launch Shuffle.
  • The second screen will display your volume and player controls along with thumbs, replay and skip. You'll need to use Crown on the side of your watch to control the volume.

Please note:

• Pandora Plus listeners that have enabled offline listening will only have access to their offline content on the first screen.
    • If you prefer to be able to switch stations from your Apple Watch without reaching for your phone, you'll need to disable offline listening from the Pandora app on your iPhone (Go to Settings > Offline to do that).
  • Pandora Premium listeners will only be able access their offline content from the first screen. There is no way to disable offline listening.

Hope this information is helpful. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @TB1. 👋

The Pandora app for Apple Watch allows you to launch and control the Pandora app on your iPhone. However, standalone playback for Apple watches with mobile data is not yet supported.

I would recommend creating a feature request here, if you'd like to see a standalone app available for the Apple Watch. 

++

For now, you can use the Pandora app for Apple Watch to launch and control the Pandora app on your iPhone. Subscribers can also download content directly to Apple Watch for offline listening.

• Using the watch app you can Thumb, skip and replay songs without opening your phone (Thumbs on offline stations will be inactive or grayed out for now).
  • From the first screen, free listeners will be able to choose from recently played stations or launch Shuffle.
  • The second screen will display your volume and player controls along with thumbs, replay and skip. You'll need to use Crown on the side of your watch to control the volume.

Please note:

• Pandora Plus listeners that have enabled offline listening will only have access to their offline content on the first screen.
    • If you prefer to be able to switch stations from your Apple Watch without reaching for your phone, you'll need to disable offline listening from the Pandora app on your iPhone (Go to Settings > Offline to do that).
  • Pandora Premium listeners will only be able access their offline content from the first screen. There is no way to disable offline listening.

Hope this information is helpful. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Just following up with you, @TB1

Happy to announce that we now have a standalone app for the Apple Watch.

If you're interested in checking it out, you can find more details here.

0 Kudos