cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Alarm Clock Feature Not Working

Mayflower_0403
Local Performer

I’ve been using the alarm clock feature for years. It worked just fine over the weekend, but this morning I overslept. When I got back from work I’ve tried to set the alarm again multiple times, but it just won’t go off. I get the screen showing the alarm is set, but then the set time comes around, nothing happens. I’ve tried via data, and I’ve tried being on Wi-Fi, neither worked. I didn’t see any available updates for either pandora nor iOS.  please help! 

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (07/11/22): We now believe this issue has been resolved. Please try updating the Pandora app to version 2206.1 on your iOS device.

To update the Pandora app on your iOS device:

1. Open the App Store application.
  2. Tap your Apple ID icon in the top right corner.
  3. Scroll down to the Pandora app. If an update is available, there will be an Update icon.

Tip: If no update is available, it will say Open to the right of the Pandora icon.

Per @Rachelgbiv's suggestion, if you can't see the app when you go to your Apple ID icon, type in Pandora at the top and press Update. 

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

81 Replies

SteffanieB
Local Performer

My wife and I are having the same problem. Alarm was working fine last week, but this week it is not working even though everything appears to be setup correctly.

iphone 13

Verizon

ios 15.5

Pandora v 2204.1

both Wifi and Cellular

Mgmama2001
Local Performer

I’ve been having this issue for over a week pandora alarm doesn’t go off. I’ve even uninstalled and reinstalled.    That didn’t resolve the issue. 

carrie823
Local Performer

Same issue,the alarm on Pandora has been working fine till yesterday. Alarm never went off in the morning even though it was set and on the Pandora screen. Tried several times throughout the day to re-set the alarm to go off, but no success. Tried deleting and reinstalling the app and still having an issue 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Mayflower_0403 @SteffanieB @Mgmama2001 @carrie823👋

Thanks so much for posting about this issue, and I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

A good place to start is with the standard steps here: iOS Troubleshooting

In the meantime, I've already gone ahead and shared your feedback with our engineering team on an internal ticket we now have open.

If you haven't already, please provide more details about your device so that I can share this as well:

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Thanks for your help with this! 🤝

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

carrie823
Local Performer

iPhone -13

iOS-15.5

0 Kudos

stefk99
Local Performer

I have these exact same issues. Alarm is on and screen is left on and everything is correct for the alarm to work and the set time goes by and nothing happens. I’ve overslept the past few days because of it. I’ve deleted and reinstalled and restarted my phone multiple times and nothing has worked. 

Rachelgbiv
Underground

Glad it's not just me having issues with the alarm feauture. I've used pandora for years to wake up, but it started acting weird yesterday or the day before yesterday. Hopefully the pandora team can get this fixed🥹

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Rachelgbiv @stefk99. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're also having trouble.

Please check out my post about this issue here.

If you get a chance, please provide the requested details about your devices, and I can share this with our engineering team on your behalf.

Thanks so much reporting this. 🎧

0 Kudos

Rachelgbiv
Underground
  • Device & Generation: iPhone 13 pro max
  • Carrier: AT&T
  • iOS version: 15.5
  • Pandora version: 2204.1
  • Both Wi-Fi and cellular

7ommy6un808
Local Performer

Glad to see I’m not the only one having issues with the alarm. This is the second day I’m being charged leave at work because the alarm didn’t work! Also, restart and uninstall/reinstall didn’t work as well. 

- Device & Generation: iPhone XR

-Carrier: Verizon

-iOS version: 15.4.1

-Pandora version: 2204.1

-Both Wi-Fi and cellular

martaro
Local Performer

My alarm suddenly stopped working on the morning of May 27, 2022.      I have never had issues with Pandora before.  But in the last week, I also started having problems with the Offline mode  when away from wifi.    

Today I tried restarting the iPhone, uninstall/reinstall Pandora,  this did not fix.  Then  upgraded to the  latest version of iOS,  uninstall/reinstall Pandora,  then restarting iPhone.     No luck.    The screen shows that the alarm is on and set for a specific time,  but the alarm never goes off.  The screen continues to show the alarm is set after the the alarm time passes.

Device:  iPhone XR

Carrier:   Consumer Cellular

iOS version:  15.5

Pandora Version: 2204.1

Mayflower_0403
Local Performer

Device: iPhone 12 Pro

Carrier: T-mobile

iOS version: 15.4.1

Pandora version: 2204.1

Wifi and cellular doesn’t work

And I’ve tried all the trouble shooting recommendations. 

0 Kudos

stefk99
Local Performer

Device: iPhone 12 Pro max

Carrier: u.s. Cellular

IOS version 15.4.1

pandora version 2204.1

have used both WiFi and Cellular data

0 Kudos

Meatball053
Local Performer

Yeah I have been having the same issues started yesterday and didn’t wake up for work on time and I was two hours late and I’ve been using it for a while also I have the same update as everybody else 15.5 and I am on a 13 max iPhone I have Verizon

Acat93
Local Performer

This is ridiculous! I have been using the alarm for years and I am having the same issue! Why isn’t the alarm working!?!!

DougStang67
Local Performer
  • iPhone 8
  • Verizon
  • iOS 15.5 (19F77)
  • Pandora 2204.1
  • WiFi & cell data

Same issue here. Alarm was working fine until recently. Now the alarm time passes, but it's just sitting there at the 'sleep screen.' Can't recall exactly, but it seems to have stopped after upgrading to iOS 15.5. Noticed some folks are experiencing this at 15.4.1. Don't recall what version I was at before.

msuit
Local Performer

Neither solution in troubleshooting works, hopefully a fix comes soon. Long time user of pandora alarm, and have never had a reoccurring issue like this until now. Big L

johnnymadrid
Underground

same deal as everyone else.  pandora ver 2204.1.  iOS 15.5.  Carrier ATT. iPhone 12.  Everything was working fine until I went to iOS 15.5

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (06/03/22): Hey everyone 👋

Thanks so much for reporting the issue with the Alarm Clock feature. An internal ticket has been created to share all of this information with our engineering team. 

If you haven't already, please provide more details about your device so that I can share this on the ticket to help out engineers:

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

We appreciate your patience while they investigate and work on this issue. 🎧