cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: 'Are you still listening...' Timeout Message

Deilts74
Local Performer

We use Pandora at our gym hooked to an Apple iPhone that is connected to a Bluetooth speaker but after so many hours it **ahem** if I’m still listening and shuts off was wondering if there was a way to keep it playing. 

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Deilts74. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space.

Timeout Message:

The timeout message comes up when we detect that you have not interacted with the player for a while. This is in place to avoid playing music to empty rooms and helps reduce our streaming costs. Since we pay full royalties on every song we play, having a timeout interval enables us to prevent streaming endlessly to unattended devices. Ultimately, it allows us to maintain our current subscription prices.

When you encounter the timeout message, simply click or tap anywhere on the Pandora music player to continue listening.

Upgrading allows you to listen uninterrupted for longer periods of time. Pandora Plus subscribers have longer timeout periods than free listeners, and Pandora Premium subscribers have longer timeout periods than Pandora Plus subscribers. While you will experience fewer timeouts, the timeout policy does not go away.

++

Pandora for Business:

Pandora is available and optimized for use in settings such as a business through Mood Media, with features like unlimited listening, no advertising, and a media player that can connect to your existing sound system.

Pandora for Business also ensures that you have the proper licenses to play music in your public gym setting. Due to the terms of our music licenses, the consumer version of the Pandora service (including Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium) can only legally be used to play music in a personal and private setting. Businesses, including non-profit or tax exempt organizations, must all have the proper licenses to play music, which also fairly compensates artists, authors, composers, publishers and other rights holders.

Use of Pandora in a commercial setting is available only via hardware sold by Mood Media. To learn more or sign up, please click here.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Deilts74. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space.

Timeout Message:

The timeout message comes up when we detect that you have not interacted with the player for a while. This is in place to avoid playing music to empty rooms and helps reduce our streaming costs. Since we pay full royalties on every song we play, having a timeout interval enables us to prevent streaming endlessly to unattended devices. Ultimately, it allows us to maintain our current subscription prices.

When you encounter the timeout message, simply click or tap anywhere on the Pandora music player to continue listening.

Upgrading allows you to listen uninterrupted for longer periods of time. Pandora Plus subscribers have longer timeout periods than free listeners, and Pandora Premium subscribers have longer timeout periods than Pandora Plus subscribers. While you will experience fewer timeouts, the timeout policy does not go away.

++

Pandora for Business:

Pandora is available and optimized for use in settings such as a business through Mood Media, with features like unlimited listening, no advertising, and a media player that can connect to your existing sound system.

Pandora for Business also ensures that you have the proper licenses to play music in your public gym setting. Due to the terms of our music licenses, the consumer version of the Pandora service (including Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium) can only legally be used to play music in a personal and private setting. Businesses, including non-profit or tax exempt organizations, must all have the proper licenses to play music, which also fairly compensates artists, authors, composers, publishers and other rights holders.

Use of Pandora in a commercial setting is available only via hardware sold by Mood Media. To learn more or sign up, please click here.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Cheetahprincess
Local Performer

Hi, I am having the same issue and no one else is using my account please help.

0 Kudos

Cheetahprincess
Local Performer
I only use my pandora account on my iphone 11 pro max
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Cheetahprincess! Thanks for following up.

I've moved your posts over to a new thread, iOS: 'Are you still listening...' Timeout Message, since the previous thread pertained to Tivo Devices only. 

In your original post, you mention that 'no one else is using my account please help'. Can you confirm if you're receiving a message that says "Someone else is listening..." or "Are you still listening...". 

I checked the trace log I had previously enabled and I'm not seeing anything unusual on my end. 

Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos