cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: How to Increase the Volume

Randy70
Local Performer

How do I increase the volume on my iPhone 12 Pro Max?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Randy70. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space.

When using your iOS device, you can increase the volume by using the volume buttons on the side of your phone. Something to note, don't alter music equalization on Pandora from how it appears on the original releases, unlike terrestrial radio, which compresses the entire broadcast.

As a result, some songs sound louder than others. However, we do use the Replay Gain technique that encodes a fixed volume adjustment into the mp3/mp4 header so that the actual player (web browser, phone or device) can adjust volume just as the track begins playing. If there are vast differences, it could also be due to different instrumentation or arrangements causing different apparent levels of volume where the actual decibel levels are the same.

++

Are you having trouble with the volume being too low?

If so, are you connected to another device (like a speaker / headphones) when this happens?

Hope this helps. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

5 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Randy70. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space.

When using your iOS device, you can increase the volume by using the volume buttons on the side of your phone. Something to note, don't alter music equalization on Pandora from how it appears on the original releases, unlike terrestrial radio, which compresses the entire broadcast.

As a result, some songs sound louder than others. However, we do use the Replay Gain technique that encodes a fixed volume adjustment into the mp3/mp4 header so that the actual player (web browser, phone or device) can adjust volume just as the track begins playing. If there are vast differences, it could also be due to different instrumentation or arrangements causing different apparent levels of volume where the actual decibel levels are the same.

++

Are you having trouble with the volume being too low?

If so, are you connected to another device (like a speaker / headphones) when this happens?

Hope this helps. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

manny123
Local Performer

Its there any way to hear the music louder?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @manny123. 👋

Thanks for posting on the Pandora Community!

I moved your post over to this existing thread to keep everything organized as it looks like you're using an iPhone device: iOS: How to Increase the Volume

Please check out the accepted solution here.

Let me know if this information helps with adjusting your volume levels during your listening sessions. 🎧

0 Kudos

LisaLisa_B
Local Performer

Why does the volume for songs play so low on pandora but every other app is so loud?!!! I’ve never had this issue until recently. Someone please help because this is annoying. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @LisaLisa_B!

I moved your message over to a thread that was similar: iOS: How to Increase the Volume

I would review the accepted solution above to see if this is a similar experience to yours. If not, can you tell us a little more about your experience?

For example, is this happening on a particular station, album, or track, and if so, what's the name? When listening are you connected to another device such as a Bluetooth speaker?

Additionally, can you let me know the make and model of your device, along with the OS version and Pandora version. If you need help finding that information, let me know.

Thanks for the help!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos