cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: How to Set the Explicit Filter

bananafarm
Local Performer

But how do you do that for Apple devices?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @bananafarm. 👋

I moved your post over to the iOS space to keep the community organized.

Setting your Explicit Filter:

You can set the explicit filter either on the web or from your iOS device.

Enabling this filter will limit Pandora to playing music that could play on daytime broadcast radio. Note that this can only be applied to the entire account and not specific stations. Also, it doesn't apply to podcasts. You can identify podcasts with explicit language by a red "E" label in the episode title.

To set the filter from your iPhone:

1. Open the Pandora app and select the Profile tab.
  2. Then open the Settings gear in the upper right corner.
  3. Next go to Account. Once you are on the Account screen, you can toggle the Allow explicit content switch off to filter explicit content (toggle on if you wish to allow explicit content).

Once set, the filter will restrict explicit content for that account on all devices.

Hope this helps! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @bananafarm. 👋

I moved your post over to the iOS space to keep the community organized.

Setting your Explicit Filter:

You can set the explicit filter either on the web or from your iOS device.

Enabling this filter will limit Pandora to playing music that could play on daytime broadcast radio. Note that this can only be applied to the entire account and not specific stations. Also, it doesn't apply to podcasts. You can identify podcasts with explicit language by a red "E" label in the episode title.

To set the filter from your iPhone:

1. Open the Pandora app and select the Profile tab.
  2. Then open the Settings gear in the upper right corner.
  3. Next go to Account. Once you are on the Account screen, you can toggle the Allow explicit content switch off to filter explicit content (toggle on if you wish to allow explicit content).

Once set, the filter will restrict explicit content for that account on all devices.

Hope this helps! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

AlibiAleWorks
Local Performer

I've read all of the questions about the explicit content filter, but I cannot locate it on our iPad app or when I log into our account on a computer. Can someone tell me how to turn on the explicit content filter?

Update: I located the explicit content filter but when I click the EDIT button, I get an error message saying "operation not allowed". Any suggestions?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@AlibiAleWorks  I moved your post over to this existing thread: iOS: How to Set the Explicit Filter

You should be able to turn your Explicit Filter on with the steps provided in the accepted solution.

If you continue to experience issues, can you please send us a screenshot of the error message you're seeing?

(Please note you won't be able to attach images via email - you will need to open this Community link in a web browser in order to provide attachments)

Thanks for for working with us on this. 🤝

0 Kudos