Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Evajo32. 👋

No worries - I'm happy to help you get started with Pandora on your iPhone device.

Getting Started with Pandora:

The best way to explore Pandora and create a station (or to listen to any type of content) is to search our library and further filter your results.

Begin by launching the Pandora application and tapping the search icon (shaped like a magnifying glass) in the top right corner of your screen. Enter the desired search term, and filter your results by Artist, Songs, Stations, Podcasts, Playlists, or Albums.

When searching for:

• an artist, tap the artist's name in your search results which will bring you to a page where you can view and play their radio station, Latest Releases, or Top Songs and Albums.*
  • a song, tap the song's name in your search results which will bring you to a page where you can play the song, share the song, or start a station.*
  • an album, tap the name of the album in your search results which will bring you to a page where you can Play or Share the album, or (if it's available) start a station off that album.*
  • a station or genre, tap the name of the correct search result which will bring you to a page where you can collect, play, or share that station.
  • a playlist, tap the name of the correct search result which will bring you to a page where you can view and play the playlist.* Pandora Premium subscribers can also collect, download and share those playlists.
  • a podcast, tap the podcast or episode name will will take you to a page where you can collect, play or share the podcast or episode.

You can also use For You to view personalized station recommendations which can be found next to My Collection.

*Pandora Premium listeners may have additional options. Free and Pandora Plus listeners will need to watch a short advertisement before they are able to listen to songs, albums or playlists on-demand.

++

Pandora + Amazon Alexa:

I also see that you were able to link Pandora with your Amazon Alexa device. Here are a few commands you can use while listening to Pandora on your Amazon Echo:

• Request a Podcast: "Alexa, play [podcast] on Pandora" or "Play podcasts on Pandora" to resume where you left off.
  • Request a station: "Alexa, play [artist] radio on Pandora." If Alexa can't find what you're asking for in your collection, she'll automatically create a station for you.
  • Create a station: "Alexa, create a [artist] station on Pandora."
  • Use Thumbs: "Alexa, Thumb up this song," or "Alexa, Thumb down this song."
  • Skip songs: "Alexa, skip this song."
  • Control playback: "Alexa, stop playing."
  • Control volume up or down: "Alexa, volume up," or "Alexa, volume down."
  • Find out what is playing: "Alexa, what is playing?"
  • Pandora Premium subscribers can also ask Alexa to play playlists they've collected, as well as albums, and songs: "Alexa, play Highway Companion by Tom Petty on Pandora." (You won't be able to create or edit playlists through Alexa, but you can do that from the Pandora app and your changes will carry over.)

You can select Pandora as your primary music and podcast service and you won't have to say "on Pandora" after each command. If you'd like, you can also set your language preference to Spanish and use these commands in Spanish. (Let me know if you need help with that.)

Keep in mind that if Alexa is unable to find what you've requested, she may add a station that does not exactly match what you requested. You may need to try again from a computer or mobile device.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any additional questions. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Evajo32. 👋

No worries - I'm happy to help you get started with Pandora on your iPhone device.

Getting Started with Pandora:

The best way to explore Pandora and create a station (or to listen to any type of content) is to search our library and further filter your results.

Begin by launching the Pandora application and tapping the search icon (shaped like a magnifying glass) in the top right corner of your screen. Enter the desired search term, and filter your results by Artist, Songs, Stations, Podcasts, Playlists, or Albums.

When searching for:

• an artist, tap the artist's name in your search results which will bring you to a page where you can view and play their radio station, Latest Releases, or Top Songs and Albums.*
  • a song, tap the song's name in your search results which will bring you to a page where you can play the song, share the song, or start a station.*
  • an album, tap the name of the album in your search results which will bring you to a page where you can Play or Share the album, or (if it's available) start a station off that album.*
  • a station or genre, tap the name of the correct search result which will bring you to a page where you can collect, play, or share that station.
  • a playlist, tap the name of the correct search result which will bring you to a page where you can view and play the playlist.* Pandora Premium subscribers can also collect, download and share those playlists.
  • a podcast, tap the podcast or episode name will will take you to a page where you can collect, play or share the podcast or episode.

You can also use For You to view personalized station recommendations which can be found next to My Collection.

*Pandora Premium listeners may have additional options. Free and Pandora Plus listeners will need to watch a short advertisement before they are able to listen to songs, albums or playlists on-demand.

++

Pandora + Amazon Alexa:

I also see that you were able to link Pandora with your Amazon Alexa device. Here are a few commands you can use while listening to Pandora on your Amazon Echo:

• Request a Podcast: "Alexa, play [podcast] on Pandora" or "Play podcasts on Pandora" to resume where you left off.
  • Request a station: "Alexa, play [artist] radio on Pandora." If Alexa can't find what you're asking for in your collection, she'll automatically create a station for you.
  • Create a station: "Alexa, create a [artist] station on Pandora."
  • Use Thumbs: "Alexa, Thumb up this song," or "Alexa, Thumb down this song."
  • Skip songs: "Alexa, skip this song."
  • Control playback: "Alexa, stop playing."
  • Control volume up or down: "Alexa, volume up," or "Alexa, volume down."
  • Find out what is playing: "Alexa, what is playing?"
  • Pandora Premium subscribers can also ask Alexa to play playlists they've collected, as well as albums, and songs: "Alexa, play Highway Companion by Tom Petty on Pandora." (You won't be able to create or edit playlists through Alexa, but you can do that from the Pandora app and your changes will carry over.)

You can select Pandora as your primary music and podcast service and you won't have to say "on Pandora" after each command. If you'd like, you can also set your language preference to Spanish and use these commands in Spanish. (Let me know if you need help with that.)

Keep in mind that if Alexa is unable to find what you've requested, she may add a station that does not exactly match what you requested. You may need to try again from a computer or mobile device.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any additional questions. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos