cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: My iPhone connection to Pandora just quits randomly

mkelley763
Underground

Day or night at random intervals my Pandora connection just quits , even while I am stationary.  ? Any ideas or recent reports like mine to explain what I am experiencing?

I have uninstalled, reinstalled on my iPhone 11. I’ve checked help for possible reasons at Pandora Community. When inside (home wifi) and outside (home &/or cellular wifi) Pandora wifi connection randomly and frequently drops or fails, but can be restarted after it fails. Sometimes it plays flawlessly, but often fails when I am outside. Air pods fail at point wifi & app fail. Wired ear pods seem unfazed and wifi connection seems to remain stable for them. Apple cuold not help with question so far.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @mkelley763 

Welcome to community! Sorry to hear you're having trouble with Pandora.

To better understand your experience, I have a few follow up questions about your issue. When you say Pandora quits, does the Pandora app crash, does playback stop or does the app appear to freeze?

When this happens, are you transitioning away from your WiFi connection to a cellular connection or vice versa?

Finally, are you able to resume playback by simple tapping the play button or do you need to restart the app?

Thanks for the help!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

3 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @mkelley763 

Welcome to community! Sorry to hear you're having trouble with Pandora.

To better understand your experience, I have a few follow up questions about your issue. When you say Pandora quits, does the Pandora app crash, does playback stop or does the app appear to freeze?

When this happens, are you transitioning away from your WiFi connection to a cellular connection or vice versa?

Finally, are you able to resume playback by simple tapping the play button or do you need to restart the app?

Thanks for the help!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

mkelley763
Underground

The issue was my AirPods were malfunctioning or broken. I bought a new set of AirPods. I just bit the bullet, when I could not find any other reason in researching my problem online, and through various sources. Once I realized problems happened during other app usages, and various times of day, during good signals, not much else made sense. My AirPods finally demonstrated a routine Disconnection about 10-15 minutes into any listening  session/situation. The Disconnection, would stop the wifi reception by the app, as disconnection or interruptions in operation are designed to do.   

TannerPandora

Glad to hear you were able to figure it out and resolve issue, @mkelley763! 🙌  Happy listening!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport