cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Offline Doesn't Download Most Listened to Stations

Acebama1
Local Performer

Off-line download will not download my most played station. I've listen to this station more than any station and it does not appear in my off-line downloads. It downloads three stations that I've listen to in the past, but not as much is the main one. I reset it 1000 times and still can't get it to download my most listened to station. Any help?

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Gree I moved your post to the iOS space to keep the Community tidy.

Offline stations with Pandora Plus:

At this time, Pandora Plus listeners cannot add, delete or swap out which stations will be available for offline listening. We know this is a feature a lot of our listeners would enjoy, so I'll pass this idea onto our product team to consider. 

In the meantime, if you're wanting to have other offline stations available to you, try listening to those other stations more (ones that are currently not on your Offline station list). Since we periodically refresh the stations that are available to you offline (based on your listening habits), we may surprise you with adding them to your list! 

Alternatively, you may consider upgrading to Pandora Premium which allows subscribers to download any station, playlist, album or song in their collection for offline listening.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Not getting most listened to stations downloaded:

This all being said, it sounds like you aren't getting your most listened to stations downloaded for Offline Mode.

I recommend running through the following troubleshooting steps: Troubleshooting for iOS Devices

If that doesn't help, I'm happy to look into this further.

• What stations are currently downloaded for you when you switch to Offline Mode?
  • What stations would you expect to be downloaded for Offline Mode?

Additionally:

Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 5c, iPod 6th gen, iPad Air2, etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
25 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Acebama1. 👋

Which Pandora version are you using?

• Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

++

Please keep in mind: Pandora will never use the last 500MB of storage on your device, so we will only download as many stations as we can before we hit that limit.

Please send over a screenshot showing the status of the downloads:

1. Tap the Profile tab and then the Settings gear in the top right corner.
  2. Next select Offline. You should now be able to view a progress bar indicating the current download status.
  3. Take a screenshot of what you see here and attach it to your next post.
Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Acebama1
Local Performer

F24DFB2F-B464-46D5-AB6C-2317BAC56E90.png

9DE6F2DD-8FF9-4F88-AF48-C938EB4F4D72.png

 It downloads three stations it just doesn't download my most listen to station.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Acebama1 I've reported this information over to our engineering team to look into.

Thanks so much for letting the community know about your experience. Your patience is appreciated while they look into this.

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Gree
Local Performer

I recently got pandora plus and i was downloading my stations and one of the stations that was downloading i had 5 liked songs and i have listened to for about 10 minutes, but my station i heard the most (400+ liked songs) and i have listened to for 24+ hours was not downloading, is this supposed to happen?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Gree I moved your post to the iOS space to keep the Community tidy.

Offline stations with Pandora Plus:

At this time, Pandora Plus listeners cannot add, delete or swap out which stations will be available for offline listening. We know this is a feature a lot of our listeners would enjoy, so I'll pass this idea onto our product team to consider. 

In the meantime, if you're wanting to have other offline stations available to you, try listening to those other stations more (ones that are currently not on your Offline station list). Since we periodically refresh the stations that are available to you offline (based on your listening habits), we may surprise you with adding them to your list! 

Alternatively, you may consider upgrading to Pandora Premium which allows subscribers to download any station, playlist, album or song in their collection for offline listening.

Not getting most listened to stations downloaded:

This all being said, it sounds like you aren't getting your most listened to stations downloaded for Offline Mode.

I recommend running through the following troubleshooting steps: Troubleshooting for iOS Devices

• What stations are currently downloaded for you when you switch to Offline Mode?

Additionally:

• Carrier:

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

griffinhez
Local Performer

Hello, I have the Plus account and I know I cannot choose my 3 stations but the three that were downloaded are not my most listened to, I listen to one station more than the rest and it is not one of the ones that is downloaded to use offline. I even removed a bunch of stations I don't listen too including two of them that were downloaded and then toggled the offline/online to see if it would update and all it did was remove the two stations from my downloaded stations and now there is only ONE station downloaded? How can I get it to update it to the three most listened to???

0 Kudos

griffinhez
Local Performer

Just so we are clear, I have  196GB available on my device...

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@griffinhez I moved your post over to this existing thread: Offline doesn't download most listened to stations

It sounds like you aren't getting your most listened to stations downloaded for Offline Mode.

Additionally:

• Carrier:

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

jostervo
Local Performer

With Pandora Plus, I understand that during offline listening PP automatically lists the 4 top stations you most commonly listen to along with Thumbprint.  ALTHOUGH, the 4 stations that are listed have never changed since we started Pandora Plus and we listen to OTHER stations far more frequently than the ones that remain in the offline music collection list.  Is there a way to delete and have Pandora Plus re-add our CURRENT most listened to stations?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @jostervo. 👋

Thanks so much for posting on the Pandora Community.

To keep everything organized, I moved your post over to this existing thread: Offline doesn't download most listened to stations

I would recommend checking out the accepted solution for more details as well as the troubleshooting steps.

Feel free to let us know if you continue to have trouble with this. 🎧

0 Kudos

ScottyK
Local Performer

My Offline Mode is stuck in spring of 2020 (aren't we all?). On my app (current version, iPhone 11Pro), the Offline Stations consist of one station I listen to regularly, one I listen to occasionally, and one I haven't listened to in maybe a year. There are at least two other stations I listen to more frequently, but the app refuses to download anything but the stations that Pandora selected for me a year or two ago. I've deleted the Offline Mode data from my app and reinstalled, but it's the same stations. They simply will not update.

Also, when using Offline Mode, my app regularly crashes (freezes). I have to force quit and restart it. Also, I get the offline "chime" over and over while in offline mode, despite never switching back to online mode. Also, Offline Mode frequently stops mid-song and either freezes or switches back to online mode for a second or two, then "WONG!!" then back to offline mode or app crash.

Deleting and reinstalling does not resolve any of these issues. I've reported all the issues in the second paragraph to Pandora multiple times, offered to provide them with the logic to resolve the issues, offered to serve as a beta tester, but the only response I ever get is "delete and reinstall." They're bugs. They've been around for 6+ years. Please fix them.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @ScottyK. 👋

Thanks so much for posting on the Pandora Community. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this.

To keep everything tidy, I moved your post over to this existing thread: Offline doesn't download most listened to stations

Please check out the accepted solution for this thread here.

I would also recommend upvoting this existing feature request here: Choose your own Offline stations with Pandora Plus. To upvote, click on the 💙icon next to the title of this request.

In the meantime, I've shared your experience, feedback, and device information with our engineering team for further review. 🎧

0 Kudos

techxguy
Underground

This is assuming Pandora is logging the time listened correctly but they are not. This feature is a flop and does not work. The stations I listen to most are not updated and therefore not downloaded. So I pay for this service and don’t actually get to use it. Seems like it’s been a bug for a while and Pandora will “escalate it to engineers” I am a software engineer myself and would like this issue resolved or I will just use Spotify instead even though it’s not as good

Just went out of town and Pandora screwed me. The downloaded stations were not actually downloaded and I could not play music without internet, which is the whole reason I purchased the plan of pandora. No resolution and I’m still paying for a service that is not functioning... Pandora what gives?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@techxguy I moved your post over to this existing thread: Offline doesn't download most listened to stations

To clarify, are you having issues with your Offline stations not downloading at all, or is the issue that your most listened to stations aren't the ones that are getting downloaded?

In the meantime, I recommend running through the following troubleshooting steps: Troubleshooting for iOS Devices

Additionally:

• Carrier:

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

techxguy
Underground
I’m using iPhone XR and it doesn’t matter which device. Happens on iPad too. The stations I listen to most do not download. They said 0 hours listened. So I deleted all my stations except a couple and started back over. The timers are not increasing, in fact it seems like the stations I want seem to have a negative time listened because creating any new station (4 total stations) causes the one station I want to get bumped down the list and the new station with 0 hours is now in the top 3. I was relying on this offline service for a gig the other day and it totally failed me. This issue has been persisting for weeks
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@techxguy I do see your post on this thread: 'Most listened to' stations showing incorrect hours

However, that is actually a separate issue. Please see my reply on that thread for more information.

In regards to the issue you are having with your most listened to stations not getting downloaded:

Is it possible that this might be occurring because there is not enough storage on your device? Pandora will never use the last 500MB of storage on your device, so we will only download as many stations as we can before we hit that limit.

If it doesn't appear to be storage related, I'd recommend disabling the offline listening feature and re-enabling it, which will reset the download process. Then, make sure to keep Pandora in the foreground of your device while the download completes.

To do that from a mobile device:

2. Toggle Offline Mode off, and confirm that you'd like to remove the content from your device.
  3. Toggle Offline Mode on again, to reset the download process.
  4. Keep the Pandora app in the foreground of your device while your offline stations re-download.

If you continue to have trouble, please send over a screenshot showing the status of the downloads:

2. Next select Offline. You should now be able to view a progress bar indicating the current download status.
  3. Take a screenshot of what you see here and attach it to your direct reply to this email.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

Suze68
Local Performer

I have the same problem. 
Stations that I’ve listened to for under 24 hours, with less than 20 likes get downloaded. Stations with hundreds of hours of listening and likes do not get downloaded. 
Everything is up to date. I have 30 gb of storage remaining. I’ve deleted and reinstalled the app. The same thing happens on all of my devices. I’ve toggled offline off and back on myriad times.  

0 Kudos

colleenas
Local Performer

Hi,

I have an iPhone 13 Pro.  Pandora Plus refuses to download my most played station.  It downloads 3 others plus my thumbprint station.  I have tried to exclusively use this station for the last week and still to no avail.  I have updated Pandora on through the App store and my iphone is up to date on software updates.  I have untoggled 'offline stations' and removed content several times.  None of the solutions I see elsehwere work.  I even removed all of the stations I rarely play down to a mere 5 - and still it won't download my favorite.  I've attached a screen shot where you will see all but one station downloaded - that's the one I want!  Ack! I really want my favorite station downloaded as I live in a rural part of the US without any reception so this is the way I get music while on the road.  It's why I pay for offline.  This station has always been one of my 3 downloaded until the last month.  Please help!

Thank you!

IMG_EC3F75F17E02-1.jpeg

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@colleenas I moved your post over to this existing thread: Offline doesn't download most listened to stations

I would recommend checking out the accepted solution for more details as well as the troubleshooting steps.

Please let us know if you continue run into trouble with this.

0 Kudos