cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Offline Mode Doesn't Work on Airplane

Tar4160
Local Performer

My pandora does not play any of the offline stations that I have set up while I am on an airplane.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Tar4160 Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

1. What happens when you toggle the app to Offline Mode?
  2. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  3. Can you provide me with a screenshot/screen-recording of what you're seeing? 

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Esac
Local Performer

White screen with no signal 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Esac. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble. Something to note, your offline collection will be removed if you uninstall or sign out of the Pandora app, or if you are unable to re-establish a connection with Pandora via a Wi-Fi or mobile network within 30 days.

Turning on Offline Mode:

I would recommend enabling offline mode prior to getting on the plane so that everything is set up for you with your stations.

To listen offline from a mobile device, you can use the following steps:

1. Tap the Profile tab and then the Settings gear in the top right corner.
  2. Toggle Offline Mode on.

Once Offline Mode has been enabled, you will see only the content in your collection that has been downloaded for offline listening.

++

If you're still having trouble, what happens when you attempt to toggle Pandora to offline mode while on the plane? Is this when the white screen appears?

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

bears5000
Local Performer

I do not have an offline mode in my settings

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @bears5000!

Thanks for your interest in Offline Listening!

It looks like your account is under our free ad-supported service.

Offline Listening is available to Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium subscribers. When you lose your mobile connection, Pandora will alert you with a notification to let you know that we are switching you to one of your offline stations. This way you stay connected to your music without major interruptions.

For Pandora Plus subscribers, we will automatically choose up to three of your most-listened-to stations along with Thumbprint Radio* and add them to your offline listening stations. Pandora Premium subscribers, on the other hand, can choose which additional stations, albums, songs, or playlists are downloaded.

Both Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium listeners can also switch to Offline Listening at any time, so you can save your data and take the music you love wherever you go.

If you're interested in upgrading please visit our website and be sure to be logged into your Pandora account.

Let me know if you have any other questions about Offline Listening. I'm happy to help.

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos