cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Only One Song Plays in Offline Mode

polikat88
Local Performer

Hi - I'm experiencing the same issue - only one song will play when I'm in Offline mode. I pay for the service. How do I get this to actually work as expected? I have an iPhone SE.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (3)
54 Replies

ashleighearly
Underground
I continue to be frustrated. Not really sure what to do now 🤷🏻‍♀️

Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (05/24/2022): Hey everyone 👋

Thanks for reporting this issue and for your patience during this process. 

After checking in with our engineering team, we now believe this issue has been fixed. If you're still having trouble, you may need to sign out and sign back in to notice the changes. 🎧

__________________________________________________________________________________

Pandora Update (05/25/2022): Thanks for your feedback around this. It appears that some folks are still experiencing this issue after signing out / signing in. Other folks have reported that rebooting their device and uninstalling / reinstalling has helped. 

First, I recommend rebooting the device by shutting it down entirely, then turning it back on and trying Pandora again.

If you're still having issues, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you).* To do that:

• Hold down the Pandora icon on your Home screen until all the icons start "shaking."
  • Then tap - in the upper left of the Pandora icon, and confirm that you want to Delete app.
  • Then re-install Pandora via the App Store on your device.

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

*Please note: Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after reinstalling the app. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after reinstalling, please let us know.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

mmcdade88
Underground

Hi Alyssa,

I have totally powered down and rebooted the device (actually both my iPhone and iPad) more than once and have re-installed the app multiple times.  Also have tried logging out and back in and none of those things change the behavior of the software on either device.

Mark

0 Kudos

mmcdade88
Underground

OK - finally, just for completeness, I deleted the app one more time, powered down the device, rebooted, reloaded the app and reloaded the offline stations.  Suddenly it works!! Thanks to everyone at Pandora who pursued this and fixed it!

Mark

0 Kudos

mmcdade88
Underground

It looks like my excitement at the "repeat" problem being fixed was a little premature.  I now have a situation where my downloaded stations are ones I rarely or never use.  I still can't get my music offline.  I tried, once again, signing out, deleting the app, rebooting the device and then reloading the app and re-downloading the content.  To no avail.  I'm still seeing stations offline that are unfamiliar to me.

This won't help fix things but, just sayin', I'm super disappointed.  I've used free Pandora with ads for a long time and decided to upgrade to the paid version so I could have offline content.  Specifically, I'm going camping for the upcoming holiday weekend in a place that's totally off-grid.  I thought it was worth paying to have my music and, also, just felt like supporting Pandora.  What a sad mess this is - I've now spent uncounted hours trying to make this work and the frustration is huge...

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @mmcdade88. 👋

I completely understand your frustration. I'm very sorry to hear about your experience. In the meantime, I've added your feedback to the internal ticket we have open. 

I'd like to add your device information as well, would you mind providing the following?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

mmcdade88
Underground

Per your team's questions, my primary device is an iPhone 7s running ios 13.4.1.

Verizon is the carrier but I'm only downloading over wifi.

Pandora version is 2204.1.

Currently when I reload the app, it only downloads one of my stations and that is not the primary one I use.

For what it's worth, I also have an iPhone 7+ and an iPad mini and I'm having the same issues on all devices.  I have also rebooted those devices, reloaded songs, updated their os, etc.  No luck with any of those things. It feels like my personal preference information was lost when the "replay" problem was fixed.

So I just re-downloaded my content (on the iPhone 7s which is my primary music platform).  It downloaded 4 stations this time but they are all stations I rarely use.  After the download, the phone still has 19gb free.

mod edit: merged comments

mmcdade88
Underground

Thank You to everyone at Pandora - I just re-downloaded my content and it has been restored.  Not sure what you had to do but it's working offline just as it should!!  I'm a happy camper, now...

Retrodeeva
Local Performer

I am still not getting any offline channels. I did all of the above, and my earlier comment was added to the open ticket. I’ve deleted the app, shut down my phone, reloaded the app, turned off offline, re-loaded the offline channels, and yet if I turn off my wifi, I get the screen that says I have no connectivity and should turn on wi-fi. I’ve submitted my make/model/etc already, and I have plenty of storage. Send help.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you, @Retrodeeva. I have added this additional information to the ticket on your behalf.

Sorry for the continued trouble - we appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos

AndreaR
Local Performer

Issue has resolved. iPhone 13. Pandora is now playing smoothly. Thank you. 5/25/2022

ashleighearly
Underground
I had to sign out and then back in

Sent from my iPhone

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for the update, @ashleighearly @AndreaR. Glad to hear that the issue was resolved for you.

I will keep this thread open as other listeners are still having trouble. 🎧

0 Kudos

Pocketkangaroo
Local Performer

This has been happening to me on my iPhone 8. Driving me up the freaking wall. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Pocketkangaroo. 👋

I moved your post over to this existing thread: iOS: Only One Song Plays in Offline Mode 

All updates on this issue will be posted on this thread. You can find the latest update here.

I can share this information with our engineering team for you. It's helpful to know:

• Device & Generation: iPhone 8
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Thanks so much for your help with this. 🎧

0 Kudos