cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Only One Song Plays in Offline Mode

polikat88
Local Performer

Hi - I'm experiencing the same issue - only one song will play when I'm in Offline mode. I pay for the service. How do I get this to actually work as expected? I have an iPhone SE.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (05/24/2022): Hey everyone 👋

Thanks for reporting this issue and for your patience during this process. 

After checking in with our engineering team, we now believe this issue has been fixed. If you're still having trouble, you may need to sign out and sign back in to notice the changes. 🎧

__________________________________________________________________________________

Pandora Update (05/25/2022): Thanks for your feedback around this. It appears that some folks are still experiencing this issue after signing out / signing in. Other folks have reported that rebooting their device and uninstalling / reinstalling has helped. 

First, I recommend rebooting the device by shutting it down entirely, then turning it back on and trying Pandora again.

If you're still having issues, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you).* To do that:

• Hold down the Pandora icon on your Home screen until all the icons start "shaking."
  • Then tap - in the upper left of the Pandora icon, and confirm that you want to Delete app.
  • Then re-install Pandora via the App Store on your device.

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

*Please note: Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after reinstalling the app. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after reinstalling, please let us know.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
54 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@polikat88 Is it possible that this might be occurring because there is not enough storage on your device? Pandora will never use the last 500MB of storage on your device, so we will only download as many stations as we can before we hit that limit.

If it doesn't appear to be storage related, I'd recommend disabling the offline listening feature and re-enabling it, which will reset the download process. Then, make sure to keep Pandora in the foreground of your device while the download completes.

To do that from a mobile device:

1. Tap the Profile tab and then the Settings gear in the top right corner.
  2. Toggle Offline Mode off, and confirm that you'd like to remove the content from your device.
  3. Toggle Offline Mode on again, to reset the download process.
  4. Keep the Pandora app in the foreground of your device while your offline stations re-download.

If you continue to have trouble, please send over a screenshot showing the status of the downloads:

1. Tap the Profile tab and then the Settings gear in the top right corner.
  2. Next select Offline. You should now be able to view a progress bar indicating the current download status.
  3. Take a screenshot of what you see here and attach it to your direct reply to this email.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

wendell_Hatfiel
Underground

After iOS 15.5 update my pandora premium will only download one song per station trying to find a solution. 

mod edit: changed title for clarity

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @wendell_Hatfiel. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this. 

Pandora will never use the last 500MB of storage, so we will only download as many stations as we can before we hit that limit. Is it possible that this might be occurring because there is not enough storage on your device?

If it doesn't appear to be storage related, I'd recommend signing out of the app and signing back in, which will reset the download process. Then, make sure to keep Pandora in the foreground of your device while the download completes.

++

If you continue to have trouble, check the download icon for the content you are attempting to download. The two rotating arrows indicate that the content is still in the download process and the highlighted downward pointing arrow means the content has successfully downloaded.

If the icon is not highlighted, try downloading the content again and keep the app in the foreground while the offline music downloads. Keep in mind that stations and large playlists take a longer time to download.

Lastly, if you are having trouble downloading stations, try downloading a single track for offline listening to see if that works.

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

ashleighearly
Underground

I am having this issue too! Help! I have re downloaded multiple times, uninstalled and reinstalled the app. removed a ton of  apps and have half my phones 64GB empty before doing that. I have turned my phone off and on. I don't know what else to do. The last 3 days I have been fighting this thing about to cancel and get spotify. which **ahem** bc I have had pandora since I was a teen.

Octo_Puss_01
Local Performer

I’m having the same problem, and I’ve tried everything pandora recommends. I’ve logged out and back in, downloaded, redownloaded, tried different stations, checked my storage and tried switching from WiFi to cellular and yet it still only downloads 1 song from each station each time. So far pandora premium has been very disappointing

lmorace
Local Performer

I'm having the same problem. I tried all the suggestions and still only one song will play on all my downloaded stations.

wendell_Hatfiel
Underground

I’ve signed out and back in, I’ve deleted the app and reinstalled, I’ve tried everything that I know and read it still only downloads only one song per station. 

bodhisattvayin
Local Performer

I’ve supported Pandora since the beginning of their time, haven’t crossed platforms and am adamant about this. But, with this current issue (as stated above, via other humans experiencing the same scenario), I am two seconds away from copying my music and switching platforms. As of the last two years, Pandora has had a plethora of glitches and mishaps - the occurrences have exponentially increased within the last (almost) six months of 2022… with the price increase for the account and the influx of recurring problems, at this point, I don’t see the value. I’ll invest my money and my energy into a reciprocal and fluid platform, if this doesn’t change within a minuscule amount of time. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Octo_Puss_01 @lmorace @bodhisattvayin I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more:

If you continue to experience issues with this, I would like to report this experience to our engineers.

To start off, please send over a screenshot of what you are seeing.

Additionally, could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks for your help with this.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@wendell_Hatfiel I would like to report this experience to our engineers.

• Carrier:
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ashleighearly I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more:

If you continue to experience issues with this, I would like to report this experience to our engineers.

• Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

ashleighearly
Underground
Is it possible to talk through on a phone as the only device I have to trouble shoot with is my phone.

Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ashleighearly Unfortunately, our support team does not provide phone support.

This being said we'd be happy to further assist over the Community.

Please run through the troubleshooting steps I suggested in my previous message.

If you continue to run into trouble, please follow up with the requested information.

Alternatively, you can always contact our support team for assistance via email here.

Thanks again for working with us on this.

0 Kudos

bodhisattvayin
Local Performer

I , thoroughly, appreciate the prompt and initiative response! I feel as if a screenshot isn’t going to accomplish anything, although, I find a screen recording to be of more aid in conveying the problems I’m running into. I’m able to do that if necessary. The following is in accordance to your request of information:
• iPhone XR

• iOS 15.5

I have been experiencing this over WiFi and cellular data. 
I can usually find a way to work around the glitches and get Pandora to work for me but, recently, it seems as if there is complete blockage in updates and downloads.
Thanks, again, for your help. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up with that information, @bodhisattvayin.

I've created a ticket with our engineering team and passed along your report so they can further investigate.

We appreciate your patience with this in the meantime!

wendell_Hatfiel
Underground

I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max  

AT&T

Version 2203.1

there is nothing to screenshot it downloads like it always has but when you’re offline it plays a song and keeps repeating it no matter how many times you try to skip to the next 

No I still have 142 GB on my phone 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up with that information, @wendell_Hatfiel.

Your feedback has now been added to the ticket we have open with the engineers who are looking into this.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

Octo_Puss_01
Local Performer

I have an iPhone XS Max

AT&T

I’m not sure how to upload a screenshot on this platform but picture you have a station, it says the station is downloaded for offline listening, but it will only play one song no matter how many times you press skip or next.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for getting back to me with that, @Octo_Puss_01.

I've created a ticket with our engineering team and passed along your report so they can further investigate.

We appreciate your patience with this in the meantime!

0 Kudos