cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Playback doesn’t appear in control center

Jessj510
Underground

Before updating to iso16, the corner swipe down to control center in the music box, I could tap it and it would pop up all my recent channels to pandora without having the app open. After the update, that option is no longer there at all. What am I missing? Thanks!

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Jessj510 

I tried this on my iPhone and it still works for me. I'm on iOS version 16.1.1 with Pandora version 2211.1. I was able to tap the playback box and it opened my recent listening history, this included the Pandora app. Tapping the station artwork started the station without opening the Pandora app.

I did notice that if a track is currently playing, or has recently played it no longer brings up the history but instead wants to open the app that is being used.

Is this a similar experience to you?

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Jessj510
Underground

@TannerPandora what you are describing is what used to happen. It no longer does any of that for me. If you can tell me how to upload a screenshot, I’ll share it. Thanks!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Sounds good, @Jessj510. It's often easier to post a picture from a computer, but you should still be able to do it on your mobile device.

You can add a photo by tapping the camera icon at the top of the text box when replying, choosing the correct file, the format (left, center, right), size, and then tapping Done when complete.

Screen Shot 2022-11-29 at 2.03.29 PM.png

If you have trouble with this let me know.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Jessj510
Underground

59BD186C-68E6-4E12-89AA-5A5E4ECC95A3.png

@TannerPandora this is what I looks like now. Just blank. If I have a media player open, it will show. But I used to could just tap on it from the swipe down screen and it would give me options without having to open my phone or have the pandora app open. Now it’s just blank.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the pic, @Jessj510. So it's not bringing up any playback for any app, definitely seems odd and sounds like something may be stuck. Since the particular features is implemented by Apple, I don't have any specific troubleshooting steps.

However, I do recommend a force restart of your iPhone that may help to rectify this. Whenever something like this happens with my iPhone, I usually try this as a first step.

Depending on your iPhone model, specific steps on how to perform a force restart can be found here.

Then for good measure, I'd also uninstall and reinstall the Pandora app too.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Jessj510
Underground

@TannerPandorathank you for the tips. I’ll try that. I feel certain it’s on Apples side but I wanted to see if anyone here had the same issue.

TannerPandora

@Jessj510 I asked around to see if anyone else had a similar experience but no luck so far. If you're able to resolve on your end, feel free to let us know the steps you took. ❤️

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Ferrarienzov
Local Performer

Yea this still **ahem** in iOS 13. I guess it is a reminder why I don't pay for Pandora.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ferrarienzov The current version of Pandora for iOS requires iOS 14. To confirm the iOS version you are running on your device, open your device's Settings, go to General, About, and Version. 

If you are running a version older than iOS 14, you will need to update your iOS version.

Otherwise, I'm afraid you won't be able to download the current version of the Pandora app on that device. Previous versions of the Pandora app are not available for download. 

I hope this is helpful. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

0 Kudos