cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Playlist is Repetitive in Shuffle Mode

Succi
Local Performer

Every time I decide to play a playlist on the mobile app, it continually turns on repeat one on its own so I end up listening to one song over and over. Once I have manually changed it back to be off, my Facts playlist over plays on certain songs all the time while completely ignoring the other 300+ songs in the playlist and this is when I try to put it on shuffle. Some songs get played more than twice when I’m on shuffle with no repeating turned on. How to fix? Online desktop site doesn’t have this issue. 

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@LaylaWirt I moved your post to this thread since it does sound like you were experiencing a similar issue.

If it happens again, please try running through the troubleshooting steps on our help page, and let me know if that helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
16 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Succi. 👋

Thanks for sharing your experience on the community.

I'd like to pass along this info over to our engineering team so that they can look into this.

Mind providing more info about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 5c, iPod 6th gen, iPad Air2, etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Appreciate your help with this!

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos

Succi
Local Performer

Hi!

My device is an Iphone X

Carrier is T-Mobile

IOS version is 13.3.1

Pandora version 2002.2

This happens while on data and while on wifi.

Aside from only a few songs out of the playlist actually getting played, the playlist will automatically turn on "repeat one" or "repeat all" on its own.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks so much for this helpful information, @Succi.

If you haven't already, I would recommend trying out these steps to see if it helps.

In the meantime, your issue has been reported to our engineering team.

0 Kudos

LaylaWirt
Local Performer

I have 600+ songs on my playlist but shuffle seems to play the same ones while never playing others. Is there a solution to this?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@LaylaWirt We have received similar reports of this, however all were strictly happening when streaming Pandora on an iOS device.

To clarify, does this happen to you when streaming Pandora on an iPhone or iPad?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

LaylaWirt
Local Performer

I have an iPhone 8+. I just updated the app so I cannot tell if that made a difference. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@LaylaWirt I moved your post to this thread since it does sound like you were experiencing a similar issue.

If it happens again, please try running through the troubleshooting steps on our help page, and let me know if that helps.

0 Kudos

Pleasehelp
Local Performer

I read online that I’m not the only one with this problem but when I listen to Pandora it seems to play some of the same songs or same line of songs that I’ve listen to before and please note that I have Pandora plus, I have a playlist that is over 300 songs, I have the playlist on shuffle, I took off the “play similar songs preference” in the settings. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Pleasehelp. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this. I moved your post over to this existing thread to keep the community space organized: Playlist is Repetitive in Shuffle Mode

Looks like you are upgraded to a Pandora Premium subscription. Let's try running through the standard troubleshooting steps to see if it helps.

Feel free to us know how it goes. 🎧

0 Kudos

Gusbugsy882
Local Performer

I notice other people complain about this but haven't seen a fix

I have about 800 songs in my list and always use shuffle option however it always plays the same songs even if I skip to next song ,,its gotten so bad I can't stand these songs 

Bill

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Gusbugsy882 To clarify, are you referring to your playlist named NEW LIST?

Does that playlist repeat songs when shuffling it, before it actually cycles through all of the tracks on it?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Gusbugsy882
Local Performer

Thanks  for responding Adam ,,seeing as there is about  at least 40 hours of music I can say I have never had it on long enough to get to the end nor would I recognize  the end ,,all I can say is when I turn it on ,open playlist, hit shuffle it always shuffles the same songs ,so I either bump to next song or scroll down the list and start over ,but that's tough to do on a motorcycle 

Thanks Adam hope this makes sense

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @Gusbugsy882.

I moved your post over to this existing thread: iOS: Playlist is Repetitive in Shuffle Mode

Let's try running through the standard troubleshooting steps to see if it helps.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

Gusbugsy882
Local Performer

I did this when I transferred app to my other phone ,,it seemed to work better for awhile but now its back to doing the same thing same shuffle songs ,,I will try again but im considering other provider,,apple ,Spotify ect 

0 Kudos

Bratmomjad
Local Performer

I have 81 on mine and it shuffles the same 20 and not all of them it’s annoying

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Bratmomjad I've made sure to add your report to the ticket we have open with our engineering team.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

0 Kudos