cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Podcast collection has disappeared

Pepperpietrowsk
Local Performer

Yesterday I noticed all of mine have disappeared. 9– 20–2022. All of my podcast are gone! Not one thing in the slot. My music appears to be there but none of my podcast. I have I have been using this for years if I have to start over I’m saying goodbye to Pandora and hello to Spotify. 

Another thing that doesn’t work right is when I’m in my yard mowing and I have my Wi-Fi on my phone and my data is option center on, I can never finished a song it goes blank and starts buffering. I may be 20 feet from my house.

Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 12.54.24 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-09-21 at 12.54.35 PM.png

Moderator Edit: Merged posts and changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
36 Replies

jjwebster
Local Performer

Adding my details to this thread as I have also been having this issue for ~1 month:

• Device & Generation: iPhone 12 Pro
  • Carrier: AT&T
  • iOS version: iOS 16.1
  • Pandora version: Version 2210.1
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?  Same behavior on both WiFi and cellular.
  • Have you noticed any error messages other than buffering? If so, what exactly does it say?  No error messages... can press the "+" to attempt to re-add podcast to collection ... check mark briefly appears... then disappears.  Also, podcasts present and functioning in browser app on multiple devices.  
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for providing your device info, @jjwebster. I've shared this info on the internal ticket we have open for this issue. 👍

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

EB22
Local Performer

Now anytime I add a podcast to my collection it won’t add. This is beyond frustrating. How have you guys not figured this out yet? 

0 Kudos

Md_laney
Local Performer

Following. I have the same problem. I have signed out and back in. Restarted the phone. Finally fully deleted and reinstalled the app. New look but still the same problem with no podcast collection. 

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @Md_laney 

Thanks for letting us know that this is happening to you too and sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Our engineering team is aware of this issue and working on it. If you'd like to contribute your device details to the internal ticket we have open, it's helpful to know the following:

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: iOS 16
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening? 
  • Have you noticed any error messages other than buffering? If so, what exactly does it say?

Once we have an update regarding this issue, it will be posted on this thread.

In the meantime, we appreciate your patience during this process. 🤝

Gerald | Community Moderator
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

jdog_99_56
Local Performer

I, too, have similar problem with podcast list that disappeared approximately the same time. This has happened to Pandora on both of my devices, but somehow it works fine from my wife’s device who uses my account.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for reporting, @jdog_99_56

I've added your information to the ticket we have open for this issue. Feel free to add your details below so I can share this on the ticket:

• Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

jdog_99_56
Local Performer
  1. Device & Generation: iPhone X, now iPhone 12
  2. Carrier: Unlocked, T-mobile
  3. iOS version: 16.1
  4. Pandora version: 2210.1
  5. Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening? happens irrespective of connectivity; that is, happens in both connectivity settings 

Regarding podcast list, I am also having this same issue. Frustrating as it is, the podcasts can still be played from the individual podcast page:

1. Query podcast in ‘Search’.

2. Select individual podcast from query list to open author/producer page.

3. Though podcast may already showed “Collected” status, the podcasts can still be played when clicking on any individual title within page.

4. Rinse and repeat to begin playback for podcasts from a different author/producer.

I suppose will just continue with this annoying process until Collection List display is fixed.

mod edit: merged comments

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Thanks for providing your device details @jdog_99_56!

I've shared this info on the internal ticket we have open for this issue.

Appreciate you working with us and your patience in the meantime! 🎧

0 Kudos

ChandiYoung
Local Performer

Podcasts list disappeared and also been having this issue for ~1 month:

• Device & Generation: iPhone XS Max
  • Carrier: Verizon
  • iOS version: iOS 15.4.1
  • Pandora version: Version 2210.2
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?  Same behavior on both WiFi and cellular.
  • Have you noticed any error messages other than buffering? If so, what exactly does it say?  No error messages.
0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Hi @ChandiYoung 👋

Nice to see you around the Community and thank you for taking the time to report this. I've added this info to the internal ticket we have open for this issue.

Thank you for your patience in the meantime! 🎧

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Hi Everyone 👋

We believe this issue has been resolved with the recent release of Pandora App version 2211.1. Please try updating the Pandora app using these steps:

• Open the App Store application.
  • Tap your Apple ID icon in the top right corner.
  • Scroll down to the Pandora app. If an update is available, there will be an Update icon.

Tip: If no update is available, it will say Open to the right of the Pandora icon. *Keep in mind, previous updates are not available for download.

Hope this helps and happy listening! 🎧

0 Kudos

Tabby2481
Local Performer

I have this same issue after downloading the latest iOS update. There are no Pandora updates when I check the App Store.

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Hi @Tabby2481 👋

Nice to see you around the Community and thanks for reporting.

The latest Pandora update should have resolved this issue, however, it looks like your still having issues viewing your Podcasts.

With that said, I have enabled a trace on your account. For this trace to be helpful, please try our iOS Troubleshooting Steps to see if your podcast collection will reappear.

+++

If you're still having issues after the troubleshooting steps, can you please provide your device details so I can pass this information on to our engineers? I'm going to need:

• Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)

Thanks for your cooperation and let us know how it goes! :pandora:

0 Kudos

Tabby2481
Local Performer

Thank you! Downloading and reinstalling worked.

GeraldPandora

Hi @Tabby2481,

Glad to hear it worked! Happy Listening! 🎧

0 Kudos

goldmed01
Local Performer
I deleted the app on iPhone and iPad and re-downloaded and fixed the problem on both.

Steve Goldsmith