cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Poor network connection when connected to CarPlay

Jimr3
Local Performer

Can only play pandora in offline mode in my car using app on apple car play all of a sudden. Get bad network connection if i go to online mode.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Pandora Update: 5/17/23

Note: This message has been Accepted as a Solution to flag the current steps and/or status of this thread.

Hello! Thanks for posting your experiencing of receiving a poor network connection message when connected to your vehicle.

The community team has been updated that a recent change has been made that is believed to have resolved this issue.

If you're having trouble still, be sure to manually sign out of the app and then sign back in - uninstalling and reinstalling won't be enough.

If you continue to have trouble after signing out, let us know so that we can update our engineering team.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

17 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Jimr3, welcome! 👋

Can you show me a screenshot or picture of the message you receive? Do you receive the message on your iPhone or on the head unit.

Do you get this message randomly when you're on the road, or closer to open when your phone is transitioning from WiFi to Cellular?

Thanks for the assist!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Jimr3
Local Performer

Jimr3_0-1683826570678.jpeg

This is on the head init this just started happening 

0 Kudos

Jimr3
Local Performer
Sent you a pic of the head unit. My car connects wirelessly, but I tried connecting with a cord same result. I have full 5g connection and Apple Music and Amazon Music works fine. Need to fix pandora!!
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the picture, @Jimr3. Interesting that appears on the head unit, I haven't seen that before. It looks like you have 5G service as well.

To confirm, you get this message every time you connect Pandora to CarPlay when online?

Are you connected to CarPlay with USB or Bluetooth?

In the meantime, can you do me a favor and toggle the Cellular Data on your phone off and on. To do that: Go to your iPhone Settings > Tap on Cellular, then toggle Cellular Data off and back on.

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

++

Oops sorry about that, just saw you followed up with a new post that I missed.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Jimr3 I've received a couple of reports from users having trouble with a celluar connection on their iOS device.

Can you let me know if this only happens when connected in your car or outside the car too when on a cellular connection. Curious if this may be related.

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

terrieberlein
Underground

Having the same issue. When I go to cellular outside of my garage, it stops playing when I go inside when I’m on Wi-Fi AirPlay starts playing again I get the same message on my head unit as the guy who posted earlier in airplay when I am on cellular data. All it does is buffer it acts like it’s playing. I can see the little indicators moving but no music he’s coming through the speakers.

It’s been happening all week. I’m ready to cancel my subscription. This is ridiculous. I have tried everything. I have rebooted my phone numerous times. I have re-downloaded the app numerous times.

I have turned my cellular data tab on an off rebooted etc. I have 5G iPhone 14 max pro.

It plays just fine through Alexa in my house on Wi-Fi. I’ve had many people tell me a Pandora is over and to go to Spotify.

Spotify, the free version plays fine on my head unit through airplay.

So what’s going on?

Excuse me, I meant CarPlay. Not airplay. I’m sure you know what I meant. I look forward to your reply thank you.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

Jackie521982
Local Performer

I’m also having this issue, I’ve tried every troubleshooting tip but still doesn’t work! Might have to cancel my subscription very frustrating 

terrieberlein
Underground

Hi Jackie,  I thought maybe it was my phone. But it’s brand new. This is ridiculous. I’m with you. I’m getting ready to sign up for Spotify. Been with Pandora for many years. This is ridiculous.

0 Kudos

Jimr3
Local Performer

I just tried it outside with no wifi and just 5g data. Works fine. Also connected to 19 rav4 with a cable, that worked. Worked for a few minutes today in my Chevy 21 trailblazer. Checked to see if any software updates on the car, nothing in months. Kinda frustrated at this point. 

0 Kudos

desilvia
Local Performer

My car suddenly stopped connecting Pandora through Apple CarPlay. It keeps saying "Poor Network Connection." I am still able to connect all other apps including Apple Music. I can play my Pandora on my phone when I'm not trying to connect vis USB cable in my car, and I can listen to it on all of my other devices. I've uninstalled and reinstalled on my phone. Turned my phone off and back on. Removed it from my CarPlay menu and re-added it.  Running ios 16.4.1 on IPhone 14.

0 Kudos

sb615
Local Performer

It has to be the update. Mine just started doing this after I updated to 16.4.1. My husband has not updated and his phone connected to my car and was able to play Pandora no problem. So Pandora, what is the solution here? 

0 Kudos

terrieberlein
Underground
You’re probably right.
I’m going to go to the Apple store today or tomorrow and talk to them about
it.
Then I’m going to dump Pandora and get a subscription to Spotify. I’m tired
of messing with it, but I want to find out first if it in fact, is the
update. If I find anything new out, I’ll let you know.

Thanks for sharing! ☺️
0 Kudos

Jackie521982
Local Performer

I don’t think it’s the update, mine worked fine after the update but all of a sudden stopped working…what’s interesting to me is my Sirius Xm subscription expired and that’s when my pandora stopped working also. What’s suspect is Sirius owns pandora…curious if anyone else’s Sirius subscription expired recently? 

0 Kudos

terrieberlein
Underground
Hi Jackie!
Well, that’s true. I had the update for a couple of weeks and it was just
last week that it started showing you notice on my head unit using
CarPlay. It started buffering and said “I had a poor network connection.”

I have 5G and Spotify works just fine so I don’t get it.
😳
0 Kudos

FFR1910
Local Performer

Same exact issue here in Iphone 13. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Pandora Update: 5/17/23

Note: This message has been Accepted as a Solution to flag the current steps and/or status of this thread.

Hello! Thanks for posting your experiencing of receiving a poor network connection message when connected to your vehicle.

The community team has been updated that a recent change has been made that is believed to have resolved this issue.

If you're having trouble still, be sure to manually sign out of the app and then sign back in - uninstalling and reinstalling won't be enough.

If you continue to have trouble after signing out, let us know so that we can update our engineering team.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Listener001
Not applicable

I am so ready to ditch Pandora with this issue. I use CarPlay, drive through a cellular dead zone 4x a day. Once I go through Pandora is just clueless. Won’t revert to offline mode, just stays stuck buffering and I’m lucky if it ever resumes playback unless I switch stations or force close it.

0 Kudos