cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Shuffling Stations Causes Buffering

Kesata
Local Performer

When I select shuffle stations, it all it says is buffering buffering buffering buffering never any music until I select a specific station

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager
@Kesata I’ve enabled a trace on your Pandora account to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps: iOS Troubleshooting

If the issue continues, could you share more details about your device to report to our engineers?
  • Device & Generation: 
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: 
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?
  • Do any other error messages pop up?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

Darrylb
Local Performer

I’ve been having the same issue for the past few weeks. Shuffle stations is the only reason I have pandora. Please help!

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Darrylb. 👋

I do see that you tried uninstalling / reinstalling the Pandora app recently using these steps: iOS Troubleshooting

Please provide the requested information so that we can report this over to our engineering team on your behalf. It's helpful to know:

• Device & Generation: 
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: 
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Do any other error messages pop up?

Appreciate your help with this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

karalivbus
Diamond in the Rough

It seems since the 16.0.2 iOS update the Shuffle does not want to work. I have had to delete & reload the app multiple times to get it to work for the past few days. When I hit Shuffle Stations either nothing happens or it goes to the last song played but plays nothing. It will only play when if I select a station but I want all my stations to shuffle. I have left the app open so it should just have the play button & already be in shuffle mode but it keeps going back to the entire collection with the Shuffle Stations at the top. 

My laptop is successfully shuffling the stations? Its only the app which I use in the car & when I run. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @karalivbus. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your shuffle. I moved your post over to this existing thread keep the community space organized: iOS: Shuffling Stations Causes Buffering

Please provide the requested information so that we can report this over to our engineering team on your behalf. It's helpful to know:

• Device & Generation: 
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: 16.0.2

Let me know and I can report your experience. Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

dlaronson
Local Performer

Hi Gerald & Pandora Team,

The issues I'm having with my Pandora iPhone app after installing iOS 16 a few weeks ago:

• Shuffle Stations just buffers continuously after opening app
  • I have to choose a Station for music to play
  • Starting today, choosing Thumbs Up on a Station song automatically creates a new "[Artist] Radio Thumbs Up Playlist" with all of the artist's thumbed up songs added

My info:

• Device: iPhone SE 2020
  • Carrier: AT&T
  • iOS version: 16.0.2 (20A380)
  • Pandora version: 2209.1 

Let me know if any additional information is needed.

Thank you!

Dana

DANA L ARONSON
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @dlaronson. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're encountering this issue. I have seen reports of a similar bug in the community. I moved your post over to this existing thread: iOS: Shuffling Stations Causes Buffering

Thank you so much for those helpful details along with your device information. I've gone ahead and shared this with our engineering team. They are currently investigating the issues popping up with newer iOS 16 update. 

We appreciate your patience while this is being worked on. 🎧

Kesata
Local Performer
I'm sorry I didn't read carefullly,iPhonr xriOS 16.0.2Pandora PremiumAt&TI deleted and reloaded the Pandora app 2nd time. It worked a few times then the same problem, buffering buffering buffering until I chose a staion. Sometimes I get lucky and shuffle station works right off the bat but usually I have to select a staion the go back and select shuffle stations and it usually works.

Thank your your help,Ken
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Kesata. 👋

Thanks for getting back to me with those details.

I've gone ahead and reported this to our engineering team already. They are aware of this issue and working on it. In the meantime, I've added those additional details that you've provided to the internal ticket we have open. 

This is very helpful info. Thanks for being the first to report this, and following up with me. 🤝

0 Kudos