cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Songs Repeat After Playing

Therealdyl_97
Underground

When I try to skip a song it will either repeat the same song or just stop playing any music. Tried restarting my phone as well as removing the app and reinstalling it. Have had issues on and off for a long time. Very frustrating. 

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
33 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Jojoroy. 👋

Does this happen when you first launch the Pandora app?

Or, does this happen when you've already been listening?

When you notice this issue, are you listening to a station, playlist, song (on-demand), album, or auto-play?

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@AIR_HOZA Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  4. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

AIR_HOZA
Local Performer

IPhone 12. Just keeps playing the same song over and over. Doesn’t auto play to next song. 

0 Kudos

AjSuki
Local Performer

I have experienced this same problem on my iPhone 11. Auto-play will replay one song until you spam the next button. 
I have attempted to fix the problem by re downloading the app and it was not solved.   

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@AIR_HOZA @AjSuki I moved this thread into the iOS space since this issue sounds specific to your iPhones.

I've enabled a trace on your accounts to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more: Troubleshooting for iOS Devices

If you continue to run into issues with this, I would like to report your experience to our engineers. Could you tell me more about your device?

• Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Let me know what you find out.

0 Kudos

VvTheGoodLifevV
Local Performer

So, the engineering team has been working on this for a month? I don’t see a solution to the issue. Many customers have the same concern.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (07/15/2021): Hey everyone 👋

Thanks so much for reporting this. We've created an internal ticket for this issue with our engineering team. They are aware of this issue and are working on it. If you'd like for us to add your device details to the ticket, please provide the following:

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 5c, iPod 6th gen, iPad Air2, etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

All updates on this issue will be posted to this thread. We appreciate your help with this, as well as your patience during this process. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Cmpaul
Local Performer

I have the same problem for months now!!  Ticket is open but no solution!! Very frustrating!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @Cmpaul.

If you'd like for us to add your device details to the ticket we have open with our engineering team, please provide the following:

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 5c, iPod 6th gen, iPad Air2, etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

All updates on this issue will be posted to this thread. We appreciate your help with this, as well as your patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (08/11/2021): Hey everyone! 👋

Thanks for your patience while this was worked on. We now believe this issue has been resolved. If you're still experiencing this, please let me know.

If you haven't already, I would also recommend updating to the newest Pandora app version 2107.1.

To update the Pandora app on your iOS device on iOS 13 or newer:

1. Open the App Store application.
  2. Tap your Apple ID icon in the top right corner.
  3. Scroll down to the Pandora app. If an update is available, there will be an Update icon.

If you're running a version older than iOS 13 on your device:

1. Open the App Store application and tap Updates in the bottom right corner of the screen.
  2. If an update is available, an Update button will appear to the right of the Pandora icon.

Tip: If no update is available, it will say Open to the right of the Pandora icon.

Happy listening! 🎧

0 Kudos

pt11055
Local Performer

I see there haven't been any new posts on this in a while.  Well, the "repeat" problem just started for me.  

Conditions:

iOS 15.2

iPhone SE 2020

Current version of Pandora app (installed today)

Playing a "station", when a particular song comes up it repeats forever.  "Next" just restarts the same song.  Switching to another "station" seeded differently, when that same song comes up again, it repeats forever again.  Killed the app, restarted, no change.  Updated the app, restarted, no change. 

I can't force this to happen, but when it does, I can't stop it either.  Either of the two "stations" play correctly unless that one tune comes up. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @pt11055. 👋

Thanks for letting us know about your experience and for providing those details. I've reopened that ticket and shared your feedback with our engineering team.

I completely understand how frustrating this can be. We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos

JSails
Local Performer

I am having this same issue. Only on my ios. No matter what I select the same song comes up, even if unrelated, and then just keeps repeating. 

iphone 13

verizon, but happens on wifi as well.

current version of pandora 2306.1

ios16.5.1

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JSails I've enabled a trace on your accounts to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more: Troubleshooting for iOS Devices

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos