cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Songs Won't Play on Playlists

BlueAndOrange
Underground

Problem: Many songs in my playlists that used to play on my iPhone won't, and haven't played for many months, on the Pandora app on my iPhone. In addition, some songs end abruptly when a few seconds remain on the track.

Device: I am using an iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS Version 16.5.1, with Verizon as my carrier; the same problem happened on a previous iPhone, with previous iOS versions.

Details: While listening to a playlist, one song will end and the next song will appear on the screen, and the play button will be replaced with a pause button, but the song won't play. If I fast-forward to the next song, the screen will show a new song, and sometimes that song will play, and other times the same problem will happen. This happens on multiple playlists; I'm including screenshots of three songs from my "Showstoppers" playlist that won't play. I don't receive any error messages when this occurs. I appreciate any help you can provide.

Song 1 Won't Play.PNGSong 2 Won't Play.PNGSong 3 Won't Play.PNG

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @BlueAndOrange. 👋

Thanks for posting about your experience and for providing those helpful details. Sorry to hear that you're having some trouble.

Based on your message, it sounds like this issue occurs on various playlists. 

Could you clarify a couple of details for me?

• When you experience this issue, does it not play at all?
  • Or, does it appear to play but there is no sound, meaning the timer continues to move before you press skip to advance to the next song?

In the meantime, I've gone ahead and enabled a trace on your account in case we need to share this feedback with our tech team.

I would recommend signing out / signing in again to re-establish your connection with the app. However, since you're a Premium subscriber, logging out will remove your offline content which will require you to redownload again. 

Let me know how it goes and if this helps. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos

BlueAndOrange
Underground

Thanks for responding, Alyssa.

• When you experience this issue, does it not play at all? Or, does it appear to play but there is no sound, meaning the timer continues to move before you press skip to advance to the next song?

The song does not play. The timer does not move. But the pause button appears, as if the song is going to start playing.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @BlueAndOrange! Thanks for the follow up.

I've been investigating and unfortunately, I'm not able to replicate your experience at this time. Testing the tracks you mentioned from your playlist on web work for me. I also attempted to replicate on my iPhone but wasn't able to. 

At this time, I'm testing to determine if this is an iOS or mobile issue. I've enabled a trace on your account, can you do me a favor and sign out of your account, sign back in, and then replicate your experience once again. Be sure to let me know the date, time (and timezone) and I'll take closer look at the logs.

Please note, that signing out will remove all offline content and will need to be re-downloaded to your mobile device.

Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

BlueAndOrange
Underground

Thanks, Tanner. These tracks are now working on the playlist on my phone. Did Pandora initiate a fix on my account? I'm reluctant to log out and lose offline content while the account seems to be working. If I encounter this problem again, I'll return to the thread. Appreciate it.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for following up, @BlueAndOrange. No changes were made on our end, so this may haven been a temporary experience.

I understand your reluctance to signing out, but often a new connection can help in most cases. The trace will be remain enabled on your account for the next 7 days. If this happens again, let me know and I'll take look.

Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

BlueAndOrange
Underground

Thanks. I've been experiencing these issues every day for many months, so I'd be surprised if these problems vanished without any action by Pandora. I just logged out and back in. I'll reply to this thread if I experience future issues.