cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Stations Won't Download on Plus

Hurricain29
Local Performer

I have premium plus. Not understanding what  I need to do for the three stations.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
46 Replies

Krissy415
Local Performer

I have 505GB of storage avail. It never seems to start downloading. Maybe my account is locked from downloading. All the things Ive seen from other people in the community forum I have tried.

Please have the engineering team look at my account. I am at the end my patience and will cancel my subscription if this isnt resolved. Ive spent several days trying to get it to work.

IPhone  13 Pro Max

IOS 15.1

Pandora Plus APP version 2108.1.1

Verizon is my carrier

I signed up for this new Plus account just thebe able to download and use some offline music for travel.

Thank You

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Krissy415. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this. I completely understand how frustrating this can be.

At this time, your Pandora account is upgraded to a monthly Plus subscription. However, I do see that you've enabled complimentary sessions of Pandora Premium recently.

For Pandora Plus subscribers, we will automatically choose up to three of your most-listened-to stations along with Thumbprint Radio* and add them to your offline listening stations.

Are you attempting to download while you're in a Premium session?

Or, attempting to download individual songs / albums?

++

In the meantime, I have just enabled a trace on your Pandora account to share with our engineering team.

I'd recommend disabling the offline listening feature and re-enabling it, which will reset the download process. Then, make sure to keep Pandora in the foreground of your device while the download completes. If you haven't tried these steps yet, please try the following below.

To do that from a mobile device:

1. Tap the Profile tab and then the Settings gear in the top right corner.
  2. Toggle Offline Mode off, and confirm that you'd like to remove the content from your device.
  3. Toggle Offline Mode on again, to reset the download process.
  4. Keep the Pandora app in the foreground of your device while your offline stations re-download.

If you continue to have trouble, please send over a screenshot showing the status of the downloads:

1. Tap the Profile tab and then the Settings gear in the top right corner.
  2. Next select Offline. You should now be able to view a progress bar indicating the current download status.

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)
0 Kudos

Krissy415
Local Performer

Are you attempting to download while you're in a Premium session? -YES

Or, attempting to download individual songs / albums? -YES both

I’ve tried going offline but I’m unable to and receive the following error message “Your offline stations have not finished downloading. Offline listening will be available once the download is complete.”

I’ve signed out and back in, deleted the pending downloads, went offline then online and tried to download again, switched between WI-FI and cellular data, restarted my phone and nothing has worked. I get the same result of an unfinished download then I’m unable to go back offline unless I cancel. Yes I’ve kept Pandora in the foreground while trying to download.

0 Kudos

Krissy415
Local Performer

Please see attached screenshots of pending download and inability to go
offline--

mod edit: removed personal info

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Krissy415. 👋

Thanks for providing those details. However, I'm not seeing an attached screenshot in your message. If you're responding to the email notification, you won't be able to attach a screenshot to the email. You'll need to post it in the thread (versus email) so that I can view it from my end.

Something to keep in mind, you won't be able to download albums, playlists, or individual tracks while upgraded to Plus (even if you're in a Premium session). For Pandora Plus subscribers, we will automatically choose up to three of your most-listened-to stations along with Thumbprint Radio and add them to your offline listening stations.

++

Looks like you may have been able to download 4 stations over the past couple of days. 

• Are you able to download your offline stations? 
  • Could you send over a screenshot of what you see when you toggle to Offline Mode? Do you see any stations?

Let me know. 

Alyssa | Community Manager
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)
0 Kudos

FFF21
Local Performer

I only have three stations and when I turn offline on to download stations it says downloading 1 of 1. Only one station downloads. I have

1) deleted the app and reinstalled

2) signed out and back in

3) tried multiple times by turning offline off and then back on

4) I pay for Pandora plus

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @FFF21 

Sorry for any trouble you've experienced.

To keep everything organized, I moved your post over to this existing thread: Stations Won't Download on Plus

Please check out the accepted solution for this thread here, although, it seems like you've already tried those steps.

I would also suggest, to try listening to those other stations more (ones that are currently not on your Offline station list), since we periodically refresh the stations that are available to you offline based on your listening habits.

++++

However, If the issue persists, I can definitely report this issue to our engineers on your behalf.

Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 5c, iPod 6th gen, iPad Air2, etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

In addition, would you mind sending me a screenshot of what you're seeing on the Offline tab in Settings. 

To find the Offline tab: Tap on Profile > The Settings Gear on the top right > Offline. 

It should look like this: 

offline.PNG

Let me know how it goes!

Gerald | Community Moderator
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos