cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Trouble using Find Friends Feature

lukeczapla6
Local Performer

I am an Android user who has enjoyed Pandora premium quite some time. I have recently purchased a second Pandora premium account for a family member in the hopes of sharing playlists and songs.

I have been successfully able to follow her iphone Pandora premium account with my Android Pandora premium account. She has been unsuccessful in doing the same with me. I have tried everything under the moon to share our playlists but I am simply unable to come up with a solution.

Traditional methods such as installing and reinstalling the application on both devices as well as restarting have failed. The aforementioned problem persists. The iPhone simply cannot find me as a Pandora user. Neither with the username or email.

This is unacceptable for a paid premium service and I hope that a resolution can be reached soon.

Thank you.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @lukeczapla6. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space. Thanks so much for letting us know about your experience.

"Find Friends" Feature:

You can still connect with other listeners on Pandora without Facebook or Twitter. After launching Pandora on your mobile device:

1. Go to the Profile tab.
  2. Next tap Followers, then Find Friends.
  3. Tap the  "+" icon to search for a friend using the email address associated with their Pandora account.

Keep in mind, profiles that are set to 'Private' will not appear on Find Friends. 

• You can check this setting by clicking on your Profile > ⚙️Gear Icon > Privacy > Listening Activity (This may look a little different on iOS vs. Android, but you should be able to access this by using the steps above).
  • From here, you should be able to make your profile public, if it's set to private.

++

Sharing Content on Pandora:

It's often easiest to share a song, station, album, playlist, podcast or artist by searching for it (even if it's already a part of your collection).

• Then tap the name of the song/station/album/playlist/artist/podcast* and tap Share.
  • From here you'll be able to share your content either through your messages, through social media channels like Snapchat, Instagram Stories or via email. 
  • You can also select Copy Link for a direct link to the content you've selected. If you don't see a social media option you'd like to use, make sure that you have the social media app downloaded to your device.

Let me know if you continue to have trouble with this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Pandora AMP is at SXSW '24 this week. Come say hi!
0 Kudos

danstreit72
Local Performer

I am searching for a friend using the email address they have on their account, but it says that that email address cannot be found. Why is this happening?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@danstreit72 Is it possible their account is set to Private?

Please check in with them and have them make sure they set their profile to Public, otherwise you won't be able to search for them.

If you are still unable to find their account after confirming they are set to Public, could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

danstreit72
Local Performer

What do you do if you don't have a Facebook account?

I was listening on my iphone.  I did confirm that their profile was set to public.  There was no error message.  It simply stated that the email could not be found.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @danstreit72.

I moved your post over to this existing thread: iOS: Trouble using Find Friends Feature

I recommend running through the following troubleshooting steps: Troubleshooting for iOS Devices

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos