cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Uninterrupted Listening Pauses if Backgrounded

jodyboehs
Underground

The Button for ‘get one hour of uninterrupted listening’ pops up.  I select it and watch the short ad.  It gives me one hour as promised.  But, I cannot lock my phone or use other apps because it stops playing and audibly says “return to pandora to continue your uninterrupted listening experience”.  So I unlock the phone and go to the pandora app and there is a screen that gives the option to Resume the video or NoThanks.  If I resume the video it plays the same ad again. If I choose No Thanks it goes back to playing just fine.  But there again I cannot leave the app or lock the phone.  Any help? Please? 

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @jodyboehs. 👋

Thanks for reported your experience with the uninterrupted listening hour. Sorry to hear that this is happening.

• Does this happen with the same exact ad every time you've interacted with the uninterrupted listening hour?
  • Or, has this occurred with different advertisements but then it plays the same one when you attempt to resume your listening session?
  • Do you remember the ad(s) or what brand they were for?

++

Troubleshooting:

I’ve enabled a trace on your Pandora account to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more.

Please try uninstalling and reinstalling the app (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you).* To do that:

1. Hold down the Pandora icon on your Home screen until all the icons start "shaking."
  2. Then tap - in the upper left of the Pandora icon, and confirm that you want to Delete app.
  3. Then re-install Pandora via the App Store on your device.

*Please note: Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after reinstalling the app. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after reinstalling, please let us know.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

jodyboehs
Underground

The ad that I first experienced this issue with was a TurboTax ad.  However, it happens regardless of what ad it is.  
Another thing that happened was, when the phone locks itself and it says to return to continue my listening experience, I could use the player that pops up on my Lock Screen to resume playing and it would continue just fine.  But over an hour later, well after my one-hour uninterrupted listening, any time I would background the app or lock the phone it would still do pause and say “to return to continue …”.  So it got stuck or glitched out and would not stop doing that regardless if I was using the uninterrupted listening or not.  At the time I didn’t want to close the app completely and lose my place in the list of songs and hear the same ones again after reopening. Hopefully this makes sense! 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for following up with me, @jodyboehs. This does make sense, and I appreciate you taking the time to describe in more detail. 

Did you get a chance to try uninstalling / reinstalling the Pandora app?

Let me know when you have a chance to. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

jodyboehs
Underground

I deleted and reinstalled the app around 1:30 CST

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for confirming, @jodyboehs.

If you notice this issue happen again after reinstalling, please let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos