cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Using Shortcut for Podcast

rmandree
Underground

I’m open to other solutions, but I have an iOS shortcut which opens a podcast as part of my morning routine; however, it does not open to the current episode. Today it started playing one from 7/22. I would prefer to set it to only keep the most current or open to the most current. Does anyone have a solution? How do I delete all of these old episodes (currently 42) other than playing and ffwd to the end? Can I set it to only keep most current? Or how do I get it to play newest first? Thank you 

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
3 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @rmandree. 👋

At this time, you won't be able to "delete" or mark a podcast as played manually. However, we do have an existing feature request that you may be interested in upvoting: Mark a Podcast as Played

When an episode is finished (from start to end), it should show up as "Listened" on your iOS device.

Could you share a bit more about how your listening?

• Are your podcast episodes sorted by "Newest to Oldest"?
  • When you use your shortcut, does it go to a different episode each time? 
  • Also, have you listened to all the podcast episodes?
  • Or, is it going to an episode you haven't already listened to (which could be older)? 

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

rmandree
Underground
Podcast episodes are sorted by newest to oldest

Shortcut plays a different episode each time. For example, the 5am podcast from this morning was the last one I listened to. I ran the shortcut just now which opened to the 6pm episode from yesterday.

I have not listened to all of the episodes because I only listen to one of the morning editions when getting ready for work—usually the 6 or 7am episode. I basically have no need for any episodes other than the ones from the current day. So if there were an option like many of the other apps provide to only keep 1 or 2 episodes and automatically delete other episodes that would be helpful.

Ryan
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rmandree Thanks for getting back to me with that information.

I would like to report this issue to our engineers. If you're able to get a screenshot of where the app takes you when you launch the shortcut, this could be helpful to share with them as well.

Could you also tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024