cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: VPN Not Supported / Blocked

JohnxReed
Local Performer

I am a paying subscriber but I don't like how I have to make my phone vulnerable so that Pandora can know my location.

So I will be forced to stop paying Pandora and go back to Amazon Prime music.

sorry.

John

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @JohnxReed.

I completely understand where you're coming from, and your feedback is much appreciated.

Unfortunately, using a VPN while trying to stream Pandora is not currently supported.

If you're interested, you can make an exception for Pandora in your VPN settings. Alternatively, you can safely disable any VPN connections while listening to Pandora. 

If you'd like to see this option implemented, feel free to upvote this existing request here: Allow for VPN

To upvote a suggestion, click on the 💙 icon next to the title. For more information about how requests work on the community, feel free to check out: Feature Request Policy & FAQs

Thanks for posting on the community! 🎶

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

6 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @JohnxReed.

I completely understand where you're coming from, and your feedback is much appreciated.

Unfortunately, using a VPN while trying to stream Pandora is not currently supported.

If you're interested, you can make an exception for Pandora in your VPN settings. Alternatively, you can safely disable any VPN connections while listening to Pandora. 

If you'd like to see this option implemented, feel free to upvote this existing request here: Allow for VPN

To upvote a suggestion, click on the 💙 icon next to the title. For more information about how requests work on the community, feel free to check out: Feature Request Policy & FAQs

Thanks for posting on the community! 🎶

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

zxplod
Local Performer

There's a bug in the iOS app. Can not stream to devices on local network, such as Sonos, while VPN is active on phone. Issue is isolated to Pandora. All other streaming services work while VPNs are active.   I am able to ping local devices while VPNs are active.  The issue is certainly a bug in the ios app.  Note that it does work when VPN is disabled.  Issue is only when WAN VPN is enabled then Pandora is blocking streaming to LAN devices.  

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@zxplod I moved your post over to this existing thread: VPN Not Supported / Blocked

We recommend checking if you can make an exception for Pandora in your VPN settings, or if you can safely disable any VPN connections while listening to Pandora. You may want to contact the support team of your VPN for further assistance.

Hope this helps explain. 

0 Kudos

zxplod
Local Performer
Hi Adam. 

This is a completely different issue so it would be best to leave it separate.  The OP issue above is that Pandora does not function over VPN due to location spoofing which affects the region.  Meaning a US based customer trying to connect to a out of country VPN / IP address.  Pandora does not allow that due to licensing issues.  

The bug I am talking about is different.  The VPN I am connected to is a US based IP address so Pandora streams from Pandora to my device fine.  The issue/bug I am having is that when VPN is established then Pandora does not "look" for local devices on the local LAN.  Meaning 192.168.X.X devices or 10.X.X.X devices.  There is no licensing reason that streaming to local devices would not be allowed.  Can you please help me to report this bug and get it resolved?

Thank you, 
-David

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@zxplod I checked in with our support team, and they mentioned you currently have an open case with them regarding this issue.

Make sure to reply back directly to the last email that was sent by them to you, and they will be happy to look into this further.

Hope we continue to see you around the Community! :pandora:

0 Kudos

MilesMonk
Local Performer

Hello,

My concern is about using the Pandora desktop app on a PC running Windows 11. 

I don't think Alyssa "completely understands" where John is coming from. Nor does she appear to understand how a VPN works. This is evident where she says "you can safely disable any VPN connections while listening to Pandora."  If I disable the VPN, I am no longer protected when I use other websites, such as my bank or credit card, not to mention any other internet connects I may have open! 

She is correct that "you can make an exception for Pandora in your VPN settings" but she fails to give the most important piece of information. That is, what is the URL the Pandora desktop app is connecting to?  I have tried adding both "https://www.pandora.com" and "https://community.pandora.com" to my VPN's whitelist but neither of those works. This is what I have done for other apps and websites and it works fine - even for my financial institutions.

Could someone kindly provide the correct URL to add to my VPN's whitelist? I have been a paying customer of Pandora since 2010 - with the exception of a year or so when I tried Spotify. I'd really rather stay with Pandora but will have to consider cancelling my subscription if your company cannot provide this simple piece of information.

Thanks for your prompt reply.

0 Kudos