cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Video Ad Causes Error / Stops Playback

mwelch1124
Local Performer

Same problem with me!  It almost like it wigs out and instead of going to the usual video ad, that pop up happens.

21F976D3-36F4-4E61-AD15-B1A8E19EA881.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Nascar22 Thanks for letting me know! Sounds like you're back to listening without any issues. Please let me know if anything else pops up. 👍

@mwelch1124 Thank you for providing that information! Very helpful. I've shared this with our engineering team to look deeper into. Appreciate your patience while they sort this out. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies

Cm8257
Underground

I can’t search for individual songs anymore. There used to be an option to play songs for free for a brief period of time. 

0 Kudos

Nascar22
Local Performer

I have not been able to play music on demand I click the play button and theres the "click effect" but no watch add thing pops up. I have restarted my phone, signed in/out and uninstalled reinstalled and it's still not working.

0 Kudos

Saintflores171
Local Performer

Hey I’ve been using pandora and usually it’ll give me a choice to play Pandora with skips if I watch an ad but lately it hasn’t given me the option. I can’t listen to anything and when I request to play a song it tells me to upgrade to premium is anyone having this problem? I just started using pandora because I loved the idea of watching an ad to get unlimited skips for a short amount of time but did they update or take this mode out?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @mwelch1124 @Nascar22 @Saintflores171.👋

Thanks so much for reporting this. I moved your posts into one thread as your experiences are very similar: Video Ad Causes Error / Stops Playback

I've also enabled a trace on your individual Pandora accounts to better understand what's happening. 

Sounds like uninstalling / reinstalling the app using these steps doesn't help with the issue you're experiencing.

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

• Are you able to watch the advertisement?
  • If so, what is the advertisement for?
  • Is it the same advertisement each time? 
  • Do you run into any other error messages stating that you've hit your limit for Premium sessions
  • Any other error messages other than "Something has gone wrong"?

Appreciate your help with this. Let me know. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Cm8257 You should still be able to initiate Premium Sessions.

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message when you attempt to play a specific song? If so, what does it say?
  4. Are you still prompted to watch an ad when you search for and try and play a specific song?
  5. Can you provide me with a screenshot/screen-recording of what you're seeing? 

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Cm8257
Underground

All day yesterday I got the message to upgrade every time I tried to listen to a specific song. I couldn’t even listen to an ad. There must have been a glitch in the system. Everything is fine today. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Cm8257 Glad to hear things are back up and running again.

If this continues to be an issue down the line, please make sure to reach back out to us and let us know.

Thanks for listening! 😁

0 Kudos

Nascar22
Local Performer

Turned on my phone today and it works! No ad was poping up and no error message. When I clicked the play button nothing was happening.

mwelch1124
Local Performer

Correct, uninstalling/reinstalling didn’t help.  Of note, I did sign up for a trial to bypass this while it gets debugged, so I may not see that error again until I end the trial.  Replies to bulleted questions below:

• Are you able to watch the advertisement? Nope .. look like it messes up when it tries to transition into one, then error messages stack up after each song is played
  • If so, what is the advertisement for? N/A
  • Is it the same advertisement each time? N/A
  • Do you run into any other error messages stating that you've hit your limit for Premium sessions? Happens right off the bat on the first repeat/skip/etc
  • Any other error messages other than "Something has gone wrong"? Nope .. but they do stack on each other after each song plays, so there could be dozens stacked after a while.

mod edit: format

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Nascar22 Thanks for letting me know! Sounds like you're back to listening without any issues. Please let me know if anything else pops up. 👍

@mwelch1124 Thank you for providing that information! Very helpful. I've shared this with our engineering team to look deeper into. Appreciate your patience while they sort this out. 🎧

0 Kudos