cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Waiting for data connection error

jstarr1
Local Performer

So I'm curious what the resolution would be for an IPhone. (since it was recently resolved for an Android).  This same/similar situation happens to me also.  Anyone know?

This started in mid May (prior to that there were no issues).  While traveling in my car, the toggle switch on the steering wheel could easily be used to change to the next song.  Now, I get this error most of the time that says 'Waiting for data connection to IPod.....'  Well, it's an IPhone that's plugged in (not an IPod).

When the car is home, near our internet, the toggle works just fine!  What settings am I missing on my IPhone to get around this issue?

Appreciate your input/thoughts.  thx

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @jstarr1! Thanks for posting and sorry for any trouble.

It looks like you may have uninstall/reinstalled the app recently. Have you received the error message since then?

Does the message appear on your vehicle's head unit or on the phone itself? Could you include a picture of the message the next time it appears? You can attach pictures directly on community. The best way to do this is through a web or mobile browser. You won't be able to add photos through email notifications.

In the meantime, I've enabled a trace on your account to help me investigate. The next time you receive the error, please let me know the date, time, including timezone and I'll have a closer look.

Thanks!

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

jstarr1
Local Performer

Hi,
Yes, I did uninstall the Pandora app from my phone yesterday although the problem persisted. When I left the house today (still in garage) the toggle worked just fine and I was able to switch song after song. About 10 minutes later it still worked. So I thought the problem was solved. Then, as I was driving around town, it stopped functioning and the error message appeared each time. This issue appeared either shortly before?? or after?? I did an update on my Phone in May.

Things I’ve tried; uninstall/install app, unplug phone and replug in (when in car), deleted phone from car, checked settings on Pandora (everything is checked - bluetooth, local network, etc.).

So frustrating. I will take a photo of the message and include it next time.

Janina

(email)

Moderator Edit: Personal Information

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the additional info, @jstarr1!

Most likely, I'll need to pass this along to our engineering team for further review since you've done a lot of testing and troubleshooting and it's been unsuccessful.

Please do provide the picture when you're able, I'd like to include that with my report. Can you also include the make, model and year of your vehicle?

Thanks again!

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

jstarr1
Local Performer

Hello,

Below is a photo of the message. This morning while in the garage area near the house, I was able to toggle from song to song with no issues. Then, I moved the car out of the house internet range and immediately this message appeared when I attempted to toggle to the next song.

I have a RAV4 Hybrid 2022 (with an iPhone 12). I appreciate this help. And as I mentioned before the issue appeared some time mid May (prior to that no issues wherever I was driving).

Let me know what the engineering team suggests. Thank you,

Janina Starr

Moderator Edit: Removed Personal Info

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jstarr1 It doesn't look like any images were attached to your last message.

(Please note you won't be able to attach images via email - you will need to open this Community link in a web browser in order to provide attachments)

Try sending that over one more time and we'll be happy to take a closer look.

Thanks again for the help!

0 Kudos

jstarr1
Local Performer

Does this work for you?  I have tried numerous ways to get the picture to upload to you.

Are you able to open this? 

ny7pdYMA.jpeg

0 Kudos

jstarr1
Local Performer

Hi,

live attached below a picture of the issue. Can you see it?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @jstarr1 Thanks for sending over that picture. Super interesting that this is occurring in CarPlay. I'll be honest, I haven't see that messaging before.

Can you let me know if the 'Launch from Car' feature is enabled or disabled in your Settings?

• Open Pandora.
  • Tap Profile.
  • Next select the Settings gear in the upper right corner.
  • Tap Advanced.
  • Under Bluetooth for devices you'll see Launch from car.

In the meantime, let me ask around and see if anyone else has come across this. Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos