mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Bulsa. 👋

Sounds like you're having trouble listening from your iPhone device while using WiFi connection. First, I recommend rebooting the device by shutting it down entirely, then turning it back on and trying Pandora again.

If you're still having issues, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you).* To do that:

1. Hold down the Pandora icon on your Home screen until all the icons start "shaking."
  2. Then tap - in the upper left of the Pandora icon, and confirm that you want to Delete app.
  3. Then re-install Pandora via the App Store on your device.

*Please note: Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after reinstalling the app. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after reinstalling, please let us know.

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Deimbee
Local Performer

I've uninstalled and re-installed the app and it still skips songs while my phone is connected to wifi. It will only work on cellular data. What other options do you suggest. It's not my wifi settings 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Deimbee Nice to see you around the Community.

Please try rebooting your connection: 

1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

If Pandora still isn't working, could you check if you're able to connect to your network using another streaming service, such as YouTube?

You might also try connecting your device to an entirely different network, or using a different device on your current network, to see if your streaming improves.

Let me know how it goes

0 Kudos

Emersyn
Local Performer

None of this works. Pandora hasn't worked from Any device on my Spectrum wifi in years. As soon as I turn off wifi on my phone, works fine, just wasting my data away. Every single other app works fine on wifi. Pandora app on two different TVs, 3 different phones and a tablet do not work over wifi.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Emersyn. 👋

Sounds like you've run through the network troubleshooting steps and are still having trouble with Pandora on those devices.

For your iPhone Device:

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Do any error messages pop up? If so, what exactly does it say?
  • Also, when you attempt to stream Pandora on Wifi - what happens? Please describe in more detail.

Let me know, and I can share this with the appropriate party. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Priest31
Local Performer

I’m having the same issue: 

pandora version 2310.1.1

iPhone 11 iOS 17.1.2

No error messages at bottom of screen. Simply will not stream on WiFi, just spins and will not load next song until WiFi is turned off and mobile network data is reenabled 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Priest31 To clarify, are you only experiencing this issue with Pandora?

Have you tried streaming other apps such as YouTube?

If not, please try launching the YouTube app and let me know if you experience similar issues there as well.

Thanks for your patience.

0 Kudos