cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: "Cannot Connect to Pandora" Error Message

apensa
Local Performer

Although I have used Pandora on my iPhone for years I am suddenly getting a "Cannot Connect to Pandora" "Please  check your network connection and try again"  There is nothing else on the screen and my WiFi is working.  I can connect to Pandora on my Mac and Smart TV.  Any suggestions?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @chillywaters. 👋

I moved your post over to this existing thread as it's the same exact error message: "Cannot Connect to Pandora" Error Message 

Could you share more information about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 5c, iPod 6th gen, iPad Air2, etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: 13.6.1
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening? Are you using a VPN?

If you're able to get a screenshot of the error message, this would be helpful so that I can share with engineering.

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Pandora AMP is at SXSW '24 this week. Come say hi!

View solution in original post

50 Replies

ogfilip
Local Performer

I am having same issue, been struggling for hours to fix it... Would appreciate if anyone provided any solution. Thanks

0 Kudos

apensa
Local Performer

I solved the problem by shutting down and re booting the phone.  My aged mind recalled "Control, Alternate, Delete".  Anyway, it now works.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @ogfilip. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're running into this issue as well.

Could you try out the same steps that @apensa performed in the post here?

If you still run into trouble, feel free to run through these steps.

Let us know how it goes. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Summer63
Local Performer

Idk go to Xm I guess 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Summer63. 👋

If you're having trouble, I'm happy to help.

Feel free to reply on this thread if you need assistance.

0 Kudos

chillywaters
Underground

Greetings,

iOS update 13.6.1 - Cannot Connect to Pandora - Please check your network connection and try again.

After updating to the most recent firmware build, I am unable to connect to Pandora.  I uninstalled the app, restarted the phone, reinstalled the app, and tried to connect both with wi-fi and cellular data - all to no avail.  Since I deleted the app, it briefly asks me to login before the error message is displayed.  SO, I'm unable to login, as the error message covers the login area of the screen.  Any help will be much appreciated.

mod edit: format

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @chillywaters. 👋

I moved your post over to this existing thread as it's the same exact error message: "Cannot Connect to Pandora" Error Message 

Could you share more information about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 5c, iPod 6th gen, iPad Air2, etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: 13.6.1
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening? Are you using a VPN?

If you're able to get a screenshot of the error message, this would be helpful so that I can share with engineering.

Let me know. 🎧

chillywaters
Underground

It appears that turning off the VPN worked.  Is there an update that allows for use of Express VPN?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@chillywaters Thanks for providing that info.

Unfortunately, using a VPN while trying to stream Pandora is not currently supported. We recommend checking if you can make an exception for Pandora in your VPN settings, or if you can safely disable any VPN connections while listening to Pandora. You may want to contact the support team of your VPN for further assistance.

++

In the meantime, you mean be interested in this existing feature request: Allow for VPN 

To upvote this idea, click on the ❤️ icon next to the title of the request. 

Hope this information is helpful. 

0 Kudos

chillywaters
Underground

Well, I wondered why Pandora works on my CPU with the VPN on so I checked the settings on my phone and saw that the VPN was set to Canada.  I chose a location closer to my actual location and viola, Pandora is working again.  Thanks for getting back to me.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@chillywaters Sadly, we can only legally offer Pandora services to listeners located in the United States at this time. This applies equally to free and paid accounts, as well as Pandora on all computers and supported devices, including offline. Audio content streaming regulations differ from country to country, and we are still working on acquiring the proper licenses so we can offer Pandora in even more places around the world.

With a VPN, it may reroute your internet connection to places where Pandora isn't supported which can cause the issue you experienced.

If anything else pops up, please let me know. Thanks so much for posting on the Pandora Community - happy listening! :pandora:

rmatth7
Local Performer

Tried rebooting.Did uninstall reinstall. No vpn   iPhone 12 iOS 14.3. Still getting the cannot connect error. Get this if on WiFi or cellular

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @rmatth7. 👋

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. I completely understand how frustrating this must be.

Could you tell me more about your device so that I can share this with our engineering team?

• Device & Generation: iPhone 12
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: iOS 14.3
  • Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

0 Kudos

Skairkrowe
Local Performer

I am having the exact same problem. I cannot use Pandora on my iPhone or watch via Sprint Network, only from WiFi. I had never had this issue before and believe it started happening when I upgraded to 2012.1 version of Pandora. This is extremely annoying as a premium subscriber...I cant use Pandora while running or in my car. PLEASE FIX!

• Device & Generation: iPhone 11 and iWatch 4
  • Carrier: Sprint
  • iOS version: 14.2
  • Pandora version: 2012.1
  • I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Pandora as well as powering off and on my devices and it still does not work.
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Skairkrowe. 👋

Sorry that you're running into this issue. 

I've gone ahead and shared all of the information you've provided with our engineering team on an internal ticket we have open. 

If you're able to, could you send over a screenshot of the exact error message you're seeing?

Let me know as I'd like to pass this over to engineering too. Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

0 Kudos

Skairkrowe
Local Performer

Essentially Pandora only works in offline mode unless I am connected to WiFi. Other apps work fine, including Spotify. When I try to connect to online mode I get the following:

Pandora.jpg

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Skairkrowe Thank you for the update, and for the screenshot.

I've shared the additional information with our iOS engineers. 

Appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos

Skairkrowe
Local Performer

Hi Alyssa,

Is there any update on this issue? I upgraded my iOS to the most recent version, 14.3 and I still have the same problem. Pandora will only work with Wi-Fi which means I cant listen in my car or while I go running. Other services work fine on the Sprint network like Spotify, email, etc. Plus, I am paying for a premium subscription. I cant imagine I am the only one with this issue. 

I do not think the issue has anything to do with iOS or Sprint...I believe it has to do with the version of Pandora. Is there anyway to install an older version of Pandora?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Skairkrowe I completely understand where you're coming from. At this time, I do not have any updates on this issue or an ETA of when it will be fixed. However, I can assure you that our engineering team is aware of this issue.

In the meantime, please keep an eye out as any updates will be posted directly on this thread. Thanks again for your patience. 🎧

0 Kudos