cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: "Cannot Connect to Pandora" Error Message

apensa
Local Performer

Although I have used Pandora on my iPhone for years I am suddenly getting a "Cannot Connect to Pandora" "Please  check your network connection and try again"  There is nothing else on the screen and my WiFi is working.  I can connect to Pandora on my Mac and Smart TV.  Any suggestions?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
50 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dscheuf1 You should still have the option to enable Offline Mode without internet connection.

To do that from a mobile device:

1. Tap the Profile tab and then the Settings gear in the top right corner.
  2. Toggle Offline Mode ON.

Let me know if you run into any issues with this.

0 Kudos

dscheuf1
Local Performer

Unfortunately that doesn’t work. See attached for the screen I get. There is no option to navigate elsewhere

E60F337F-DC3D-4A18-BB43-52BD74885E16.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @dscheuf1.

I moved your post over to this existing thread: "Cannot Connect to Pandora" Error Message

In the meantime, I've enabled a trace on your Pandora account to better understand what's happening.

Let's try running through these standard troubleshooting steps for your iOS device. You can find them here: iOS Troubleshooting

++

If the issue persists, could you share a bit more about how you're listening?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Are you using a VPN? 

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

bethbfallon
Local Performer

I got on consistently for years until two days ago when my power was out for 8 hours. Since then, I get cannot connect messages, then Pandora comes on for a short time and goes out again. I have to repeat all the previous steps and we go in a circle. I DK what's going on but my internet is working on the IPhone I'm using to connect and on all my other devices. It's purely a Pandora problem and they won't fix it.

0 Kudos

bethbfallon
Local Performer

It just went off again and now I'm getting a message to "Get Premium", so maybe they just want more money. I don't need or want premium and have told them before the this is the way I feel. But now, perhaps that's the only way I'm going to get online services from Pandora??? If so, I'll go to another music provider. That is just greedy.

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @bethbfallon 👋

Thanks for reaching out and sorry for any frustration this may have caused.

Let's try some troubleshooting steps to see if we can resolve the issue.

First, I recommend rebooting the device by shutting it down entirely, then turning it back on and trying Pandora again.

If you're still having issues, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you).* To do that:

1. Hold down the Pandora icon on your Home screen until all the icons start "shaking."
  2. Then tap - in the upper left of the Pandora icon, and confirm that you want to Delete app.
  3. Then re-install Pandora via the App Store on your device.

++++

If you're still having trouble, I would like to report this to our engineers. Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen) 

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Hope this helps, please let us know how it goes!

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

bethbfallon
Local Performer

Thank you, Gerald, for trying to help with my connection problem. I will try to answer some of your questions. First of all, I have rebooted my device several times, as I have the router. That has done nothing.

As far as uninstalling and reinstalling, I tried to hold the icon down, as one would do for other icons, until it jiggles, but this icon goes immediately to the music and doesn't offer any way to delete it. 

I am using an old IPhone SE 5s which has worked perfectly for streaming Pandora for several years--until my power went out for 8 hours a couple days ago. 

Carrier is Century Link.    Tubac Home is the name of my wi-fi.

IOS Version 12.5.6

Pandora Version 2012.1-3-4843fcfc

I cannot connect to cellular data because there is no sim in the phone-I use it only for streaming. I have another IPhone bought last year, for calling and GPS. Everything else is done on my MacBook Air, both of which are connected to the wi-fi I'm trying to reconnect my pandora phone to. 

The really significant thing here is that everything was going well until the power outage. Then, I would get connected (through lots and lots of machinations, on and off, rebooting, retrying, etc), only to have it disconnect usually within a few minutes. 

Thank you for your help.

Beth

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Thanks for the update @bethbfallon and sorry for the continued trouble.

Going back to trying to uninstall the app, when holding the Pandora icon, are you not able to uninstall the app by pressing the 'minus' button on the top left corner? (See screenshot below)

IMG_FA6D6041B591-1.jpeg

Additionally, on your iPhone, are you able to stream any other content through other apps like YouTube, etc.?

Lastly, can you please send me a screenshot of what you're seeing when opening Pandora?

In the meantime, I've enabled a trace on your account and passed your device information and feedback to our engineering team so that they can take a closer look.

Appreciate your patience in the meantime!

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

deer8hunter
Underground

I'm having a similar problem.  When I'm on my morning walk around the neighbor, Pandora won't play.  I get the following message:

"Cannot Connect to Pandora

Please check your network connection and try again"

As far as I can tell, all of my phone settings are correct.  It is a new iPhone 15+ using AT&T

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@deer8hunter I moved your post over to this existing thread: "Cannot Connect to Pandora" Error Message

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps: iOS Troubleshooting

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

deer8hunter
Underground

Followed your restart instructions and went on my morning walk and Pandora worked just fine.