cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: "Something Has Gone Wrong" Error

happyspartanjay
Local Performer

when i try to play a song, i get a error message that says: something has gone wrong.... but if i play a station, it works fine

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@stevey23 To clarify, is this error message also popping up for you when you attempt to initiate a Premium session?

If so, are you able to watch the advertisement? Or does it go straight to that error message?

If the ad plays, do you remember anything about the advertisement that plays before the error message pops up?

Additionally, can you please send us a screenshot of the error message that appears on both devices?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Troubleshooting your iOS device:

If you haven't yet already, please try running through our suggested troubleshooting steps to see if it resolves the issue: Troubleshooting for iOS Devices

If the error continues to appear, please grab a screenshot and send that in a reply to this message.

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
18 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, @happyspartanjay.

It sounds like you're attempting to listen to a song on-demand by enabling a session of Pandora Premium but you're receiving an error message instead.

Are you able to watch the advertisement? Or does it go straight to that error message?

++

I would like to report this issue to our engineers. Could you tell me more about your device?

Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 5c, iPod 6th gen, iPad Air2, etc.)
Carrier:
iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
Are you connected to Wi-Fi or 3G/4G (cellular data) when this is happening?

Also, are you experiencing this in locations where you used to be able to listen without issue?

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

grortiz
Local Performer

I have the same issue.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@grortiz Thanks for sharing your experience.

Could you provide more info about how you're listening when this issue occurs?

If you don't mind, feel free to share the device details requested in my message here.

Let me know, and I can follow up with you.

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

grortiz
Local Performer

When I open Pandora, I select my music and then I press the back arrow and that is when I get the message.  It used to work fine until a couple of weeks ago.  Incidentally when I uninstall and reinstall Pandora it works only once and then I get the error message.

Particulars:

Connexant ISST Audio

No Advertisements

HP Envy Notebook 17t-u000 HP CTO (Energy Star)

Windows 10

Connected to Orbi

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@grortiz Thanks for you reply.

• Are you experiencing this on your iOS device like @happyspartanjay?
  • If not, which device are you reinstalling the Pandora app on? Are you using the desktop app on your HP Envy Notebook?
  • Or are you using a web browser and experiencing this message as well?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Guilla78
Local Performer

I have this same issue but only when I play my own songs. It says play artist radio then another error message. Doesn't matter the device. Artist Gold D. Guillotyne Ace Marley R. Smitty Tre 6-0 and Scooby Man HB.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Guilla78. 👋

I’ve enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps while it's enabled.

Let me know if this helps with the error message you're seeing. 📲

0 Kudos

Victory
Local Performer

I receive the "oooops" message when playing on iPhone and on desktop computer.  I thought it was Pandora's way of getting everyone to sign up for "no ads" because your choices are to either listen to a advertisement for paying not to have ads, or to "Play Song" (which never plays a song).  It is then that I receive the "Oooooops" message every time.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Victory Thank you for reporting this.

Our engineers are interested in looking into this more, however they have requested we gather additional information from you first.

To clarify, are you able to watch the advertisement? Or does it go straight to that error message?

If the ad plays, do you remember anything about the advertisement that plays before the error message pops up?

Additionally, can you please send us a screenshot of the error message that appears on both devices?

If you haven't yet already, please tru running through our suggested troubleshooting steps to see if it resolves the issue: Troubleshooting for iOS Devices

If the issue persists, could you tell me more about your iOS device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 5c, iPod 6th gen, iPad Air2, etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Troubleshooting your desktop computer:

To clarify, are you listening from:

• A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
    • Have you tried using a different browser to see if you have better luck there?

0 Kudos

addy09
Local Performer

My Pandora says something went wrong try refreshing this page but I have done that and it still doesn't work.  

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @addy09. 👋

Thanks for posting about your experience.

Could you share more information about how you're listening?

• Does this happen on your iOS device, or computer?
  • If you're using a computer, is it a MAC or Windows computer?
    • Using our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

EllieBlues
Local Performer

Hello my Pandora will not work when I play any playlist it only works with normal radio stations. I can watch the ad to play the playlist but after the ad it says “something went wrong” and I’ve tried with multiple playlists so it’s not just one particular one. The ad that played every time was CBS TheFBIs TV show ad. Hope that helps solve your problem. 🙂

0 Kudos

EllieBlues
Local Performer

To elaborate, it also won’t let me get more skips. I watched an ad to get more skips and it skipped one song and said I needed to watch more videos. Usually it gives me multiple skips. It was the same ad as well. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @EllieBlues. 👋

Thanks for letting us know about your experience.

Are you using a computer or iOS device when this happens?

If you're using an iPhone / iPad, could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

stevey23
Local Performer

i keep getting that too and pissing me off

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@stevey23 To clarify, is this error message also popping up for you when you attempt to initiate a Premium session?

If so, are you able to watch the advertisement? Or does it go straight to that error message?

If you haven't yet already, please try running through our suggested troubleshooting steps to see if it resolves the issue: Troubleshooting for iOS Devices

If the error continues to appear, please grab a screenshot and send that in a reply to this message.

0 Kudos

jb004
Local Performer

same its still not working and its almost 1 year later.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jb004 Due to licensing restrictions, we have to limit the number of Premium Access sessions per person.

It looks like you've hit our limit, which means you've used quite a few of these sessions lately. We're so glad you're enjoying the extra functionality.

I know that limits like this can be frustrating, so I'll definitely pass along your feedback.

If you'd like to see if you're eligible for a longer trial or upgrade to Premium, visit our website.

Hope this helps!