cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: "There Was an Error Saving the Playlist"

tdsmith1187
Local Performer

On my iPhone 12, when I try to edit my thumbs up playlist and click done, I get a message that says, "There was an error saving the playlist." And the song hasn't deleted. I've tried closing and re-opening the app, but the songs are still there.

I've also tried deleting songs from my playlist on my desktop (a Mac laptop). I have some success in deleting songs, but there is a weird glitch happening where I get to a certain place on my playlist, and a few things happen all at once:

1) I no longer have the option to delete songs

2) Most songs are showing up as numerous duplicates

3) The scroll bar keeps changing (as if the playlist is multiplying in loading more and more songs, perhaps creating more duplicates as mentioned in #2)

Not sure if my devices are possessed, or if there's a way to clean this up. Thanks in advance.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
45 Replies

Keysean2
Diamond in the Rough

Send the link again? @AlyssaPandora 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Keysean2 I can repost it - I have reported this issue to our engineering team. Having this information will be helpful for our engineers:

• Does this happen with all of your playlists? Or, one playlist specifically?
  • Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Thanks again for reporting. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Keysean2
Diamond in the Rough

72E1C272-2543-4202-A3C9-9BE614223C41.png

This playlist giving me error messages  

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for posting, @Keysean2. I've gone ahead and added this information with our engineering team for you. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

OnxlyNoah
Local Performer

I had to log out and log back in, that fixed the issue for me. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@OnxlyNoah Glad to hear things are back up and running again.

If this continues to be an issue down the line, please make sure to reach back out to us and let us know.

Thanks for listening!

0 Kudos

Keysean2
Diamond in the Rough

Why is the app so broken I keep getting this error message trying to edit my playlist 

@AdamPandora 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Keysean2. 👋

I understand how frustrating this can be. We've gone ahead and reported this to our engineering team. 

We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos

acoustic82
Local Performer

I’m also having this problem. It’s been happening for a while, and seems like it’s getting worse! I have an iPhone SE.

0 Kudos

Mana
Local Performer

I am having the same problem as well, error saving playlist on my thumbs up, I can’t delete anything.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@acoustic82 Were you still experiencing issues with this?

If so, which playlist does this happen with?

In the meantime, could you try running through the troubleshooting steps? You can find them here: iOS Troubleshooting

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mana I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps: iOS Troubleshooting

If this does not resolve the issue, can you please send me a screenshot of the error message you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

ShadowMaster
Opening Act

Hi Adam, could you maybe look into my issue with some of my saved and downloaded playlists not playing. It oddly only happens to 2 of them. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @ShadowMaster. 👋

Could you share which playlists you're having trouble with?

Also, are you receiving that error message?

Does this happen when you're in offline mode?

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

ShadowMaster
Opening Act
Hello,

It’s my Disney and also my Eurovision playlists. I’ve also tried pulling up the songs from these playlists through the search function (out of curiosity to see if maybe it’s just my playlist and not the actual songs) and encountered the same issue. This occurs both in offline mode and with cellular data. I don’t think I’ve had this issue when connected to Wi-Fi though.

Thank you,
Anise
0 Kudos

lcbirdistheword
Underground

Is it possible to delete songs from your thumbs up list? Every time I try to delete one, it says there was an error saving the playlist. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@lcbirdistheword I moved your post over to this existing thread: iOS: "There Was an Error Saving the Playlist"

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps: iOS Troubleshooting

If this does not resolve the issue, can you please send me a screenshot of the error message you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Keisha84
Underground

We're in the year 2023... Why is Pandora still having this SAME issue? I've tried countless times for years to delete songs from my playlist and I can't 😒

I have an iphone11 pro max, with the latest Apple update. Also I pay for my subscription. At the very least,  subscribers should be able to have control over their playlist. Fix the bug in your deletion feature. Gosh!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Keisha84 I would like to report this issue to our engineers. Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: iphone11 pro max
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks for your help with this.

0 Kudos

Keisha84
Underground

Hi Adam.

My carrier is AT&T

IOS version 16.1.1

Pandora version 2212.1

My cellular and wifi connections work fine. That's not the problem.
I've tried deleting the songs on my PC and laptop. Same issue occur on those devices as well. 

0 Kudos