cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Artist: Removing Incorrect Bio

JackPhantom
On the Rise

Could either @ErickPandora or @AdamPandora let me know how to correct an incorrect bio attributed to my artist page?

Right now it reads:

"Begun by Robert Heynen in 1993 as a side project from the ambience of Psychick Warriors Ov Gaia , Exquisite Corpse soon became his full-time occupation with the release of several EPs and the 1994 full-length Inner Light. The seeds of the group were sown in 1993 when Heynen and producer Tim Freeman came together on a Psychick Warriors remix project, for which they called themselves the Disciples Ov Gaia. Much more minimalistic and tribal than the Psychick Warriors material, the remix gave Heynen a taste of independence, and he left soon after to form Exquisite Corpse. After two EPs were released during 1993-1994, the act released a full-length, Inner Light, on Restless in 1994. ~ John Bush"

None of that is even REMOTELY true.

Artist here as "Jack Phantom and the Exquisite Corpse Cabaret" (jazz)
Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

ChrisPandora

Hey @JackPhantom - Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

I have shared this information with our Curation team who will be able to remove this from your profile. Please allow some time for this to go into effect.

If you notice something like this with your bio again, please send us an email at amp-support@pandora.com

Cheers! ✌️

Chris | Friendly Neighborhood AMP Support

View solution in original post

5 Replies

ChrisPandora

Hey @JackPhantom - Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

I have shared this information with our Curation team who will be able to remove this from your profile. Please allow some time for this to go into effect.

If you notice something like this with your bio again, please send us an email at amp-support@pandora.com

Cheers! ✌️

JackPhantom
On the Rise

Thank you!

A fan of mine (while listening to the new album no less) noticed the bio was wrong. If you'd like a correct one I can submit it. Where to?

Artist here as "Jack Phantom and the Exquisite Corpse Cabaret" (jazz)
0 Kudos

ChrisPandora

Sure thing, @JackPhantom

While we are able to remove incorrect bios, we don't have an internal database for biographical information right now.

For biographies, we access these through TiVo's Allmusic.com database for biographical information. They have a separate submission process.

You will need to reach out TiVo to request that they create a bio for you through Allmusic. You can get in touch with TiVo here.

Please note that TiVo editorial material is written by, and at the discretion of, TiVo. TiVo writes all of their original content and cannot guarantee editorial coverage for any artist.

I hope that helps! 

luvPOGL
Local Performer

This is great information @ChrisPandora ; I think if each artist page had a "quick note" or disclaimer expressing that bit of info about the bio's it would help with users understanding of the content. Any chance that could add a link at the artist's stations of where to submit corrections? I noticed on Halsey's Station ( https://www.pandora.com/station/play/101877451042330566 ) read "theirs" instead of "hers" in the "About" section today. Thanks.

Kenneth L. Simmons
#luvPOGL

ChrisPandora

Hey @luvPOGL - I appreciate the feedback and feature request. 🙂

At this time, we are unable to make any bio adjustments on our end. Sorry about that!

Since the biographies are written and hosted via TiVo, I would recommend reaching out to them to flag any corrections or inaccuracies. You can contact them here.

With that being said, for this specific biography, I believe that Halsey has stated that they prefer the pronouns "she/they" so it appears that the author was keeping this in mind. 

Cheers! :pandora:

0 Kudos