cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ads: Wrong City

scottywatty
Local Performer

Why am I hearing ads for an area I do not live in? I see no way to tell Pandora I do not live there anymore.

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @scottywatty Generally, we target ads based on your registration information to provide more relevant advertisements. If you are receiving ads that aren't relevant to your current location, you might want to double-check the zip code registered on your Pandora account.

From a computer, you can change all your account information (including email, password and zip code) by visiting the Pandora website and signing in.

Next, click the icon (initial or picture) in the top right corner of the page and select Settings. Under Account you can make any necessary changes to your registration information, including your zip code.

Be sure to save your changes when you're done, and enter your password to confirm.

You can also find more info on our help page here.

Thanks for being part of community! 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
36 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @scottywatty Generally, we target ads based on your registration information to provide more relevant advertisements. If you are receiving ads that aren't relevant to your current location, you might want to double-check the zip code registered on your Pandora account.

From a computer, you can change all your account information (including email, password and zip code) by visiting the Pandora website and signing in.

Next, click the icon (initial or picture) in the top right corner of the page and select Settings. Under Account you can make any necessary changes to your registration information, including your zip code.

Be sure to save your changes when you're done, and enter your password to confirm.

You can also find more info on our help page here.

Thanks for being part of community! 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

LovingIdaho
Local Performer

I moved from another state and am still hearing commercials for that state instead of where I now live. How do I fix that? I DO NOT want to hear any adds from my previous state. 

I wouldn't mind local ads, as I get to know my new surroundings.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@LovingIdaho I moved your post over to this existing thread: Ads: Wrong City

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for instructions on how you can resolve this.

You likely need to update the zip code we have on file for your account.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

AmyGuyer
Local Performer

Why are the ads coming out of Dallas when I’ve been in Sarasota for at least 4 years?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@AmyGuyer I moved your post over to this existing thread: Ads: Wrong City

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for instructions on how you can resolve this.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

pouncez
Local Performer

Not completely true. I changed my account to show that I live in SC now. All was good for a time, But now I am getting ads for Denver CO. And I have NEVER EVER lived there. So, again, not always true.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@pouncez The next time this happens can you please reply back to this thread with:

• a screenshot of the ad from Denver that plays
  • the date and time the ad played

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝 

0 Kudos

gaucho91
Local Performer

I have always lived in the same city since I created my account.  Now suddenly I am getting ads from another state hundreds of miles away.  My profile has my correct zip code.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@gaucho91 To clarify, are these ads always from the same state?

Additionally, can you please grab a screenshot of the next out of state ad that plays on your account, and send it in a reply to this message?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

gaucho91
Local Performer

Yes they are always from Georgia.  I am in Delaware.  I will work on getting a screen grab.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sounds good, @gaucho91.

I will keep an eye out for your message.

0 Kudos

Richboy1388
Local Performer

I moved from TN to FL and it still says commercials associated with the town I moved from in TN. How do I change it to where I live in Fl? Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Richboy1388 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Ads: Wrong City

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for instructions on how you can resolve this.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

AzureHawk
Underground

The links provided by pandora to change information in your accout do not work.  The links bring up a page that is selling subscriptions with no way to get to my account.  

Hey pandora, do not let the marketing department design your website! Keep whats best for the users in mind and foremost. 

Moderator Edit: Format

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@AzureHawk After signing into your account, you should be able to update the zip code we have on file for you.

If you are seeing a screen showing our various subscription options, then that means you are on the wrong page.

To update your zip code on a computer:

Click the icon (initial or picture) in the top right corner of the page and select Settings. Under Account you can make any necessary changes to your registration information, including your zip code.

Be sure to save your changes when you're done.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

To update your zip code on a mobile device:

• First launch the Pandora app.
  • Select the Profile tab and open the Settings gear in the upper right corner.
  • Go to Account.
  • Update your zip code as necessary
  • Save your changes when you're done.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Eriklucas5
Local Performer

I do not mind receiving advertising but I no longer live in the Pacific Northwest.

Now I live in the upper Peninsula in Michigan hence lot of the advertising which reaches me is no longer pertinent.

If I am to receive advertising I would prefer it to be of a local nature. My area code is now 906

Sincerely,

erik lucas

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Eriklucas5 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Ads: Wrong City

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Jirish69
Local Performer

I moved from MN to TX and I still get MN ads. How do I change it? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jirish69 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Ads: Wrong City

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos