cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change your Avatar in Community and Web player

KCdaGuy
Opening Act

I can't seem to change my avatar.  I changed it once with a picture I uploaded and it was gone the next day.  I have since changed it to one of the provided images but nothing will stick. What am I missing?  Also in the webplayer I have no avatar or option to change my avatar.  Any ideas?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

55 Replies

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@KCdaGuy It's great to see you around the Pandora Community!

As the Pandora Community is linked via Single Sign-On (SSO) to your existing Pandora account, you will need to link your Pandora.com account with your Facebook to change your avatar. At this time, that is the only way to upload a custom avatar to your community profile.

I hope this helps and I hope to see you around more often. Smiley Happy

Erick | Sr. Manager of Social & Communities

Let's exchange playlists and podcasts in the Music + Podcasts

KCdaGuy
Opening Act

ayy! look at me. I did it.  Thanks for your help.

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@KCdaGuy Love it! It's so good to see you around the community. 

Feel free to @ mention me if you need anything else. I am happy to have you here. Smiley Happy

2bnjmns
Local Performer

How to save my current avatar?

0 Kudos

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@2bnjmns Do you mean here on Community or in the Pandora app?

In Community:

• Go to My Settings > Avatars > then select one from the collection
  • If you'd like a custom avatar, you will need to connect your Facebook from the Account Settings page at pandora.com.

I hope this is helpful!

2bnjmns
Local Performer
Absolutely nothing!

Koricuddlebear
Local Performer

Why can't I change my community profile pic? I see the option to do so but nothing happens when I try.

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Koricuddlebear In Community:

• Go to My Settings > Avatars > then select one from the collection
  • If you'd like a custom avatar, you will need to connect your Facebook from the Account Settings page at pandora.com.

I hope this is helpful!

PeytonK
Underground

and also is there a way to change my profile pic to somthing i have saved to my computer?

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@PeytonK I moved your additional message to this post as @ErickPandora provided some helpful tips on how to update your Avatar in the community. 

TropicalKiwi8
Opening Act

How come everyone's profile picture is different colors? It's there anyway I could change mine?? (Pictures down below)Screenshot 2020-04-13 at 8.54.17 PM.pngScreenshot 2020-04-13 at 8.54.21 PM.pngScreenshot 2020-04-13 at 8.54.27 PM.pngScreenshot 2020-04-13 at 8.54.30 PM.pngScreenshot 2020-04-13 at 8.54.34 PM.png

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Bacon
Underground

I was just wondering if there's a way to upload your own avatar, and if there isn't a way please add a feature like that

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TropicalKiwi8 @Bacon There isn't currently a way to change the color of your avatar.

The photo that shows in your community profile is connected to the photo associated with your actual Pandora account.

If you'd like to add a photo to your community profile, you will first need to connect your Facebook account to your Pandora profile.

You can add a photo to your Pandora profile if you have a photo on your Facebook profile and your Facebook account is connected to your Pandora account.

To connect your Facebook account on Pandora, log in to our website and click the icon (initial or picture) in the top right corner of the page.

1. Select Settings, and then Account in the left hand menu.
2. Scroll down to Social.
3. Select Connect to the right of the Facebook option. 

To change the photo that is displayed on your Pandora profile, you'll need to change your default photo on your Facebook account.

It's also worth noting that sometimes Facebook takes some time to recognize the connection with Pandora, so if it doesn't work right away please try again a little later.

Hope this helps explain! 

TropicalKiwi8
Opening Act

Muchos Gracias Senior

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TropicalKiwi8 Always happy to help! 😎

TropicalKiwi8
Opening Act

No Problemo

Andreuz-Music
Underground

When I choose an avatar in my profile, it does NOT remember it and stay as chosen. Shortly after, it reverts back to the default avatar.  Bug ???

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Andreuz-Music At this time, the only way to permanently change the photo on your community profile, is by linking your Facebook account with your Pandora account.

If you select one of the stock images within the community, the next time you log back into the community, your photo will revert back to the default avatar.

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for instructions on how to permanently change your community profile photo.

Hope this helps clarify! 

Andreuz-Music
Underground

Why even bother having avatars! That doesn't even make sense. Did my original post disappear?  I would have liked to hear others have to say from in the Community.