cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listening internationally

Jgough
Local Performer

How do I listen to my premium account in Mexico. Says not available?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jgough Nice to see you around the community. 👋🏽

Sadly, we can only legally offer Pandora services to listeners located in the United States at this time.

This applies equally to free and paid accounts, as well as Pandora on all computers and supported devices, including offline.

Audio content streaming regulations differ from country to country, and we are still working on acquiring the proper licenses so we can offer Pandora in even more places around the world.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

View solution in original post

36 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jgough Nice to see you around the community. 👋🏽

Sadly, we can only legally offer Pandora services to listeners located in the United States at this time.

This applies equally to free and paid accounts, as well as Pandora on all computers and supported devices, including offline.

Audio content streaming regulations differ from country to country, and we are still working on acquiring the proper licenses so we can offer Pandora in even more places around the world.

Alfredo0217
Local Performer

Well, let's work harder to get the respective license since there are many many people in Mexico wanting to contract the Pandora premium service and we cannot do it.

AJM
Opening Act

Would this also reign true for downloaded stations on mobile? I'm looking to go on a cruise when or if covid settles down and have no interest in paying millions for mobile data. Would I still be listen in that instance? (mobile data and wifi will be completely off)

You might be able to find a VPN that gives you an IP address in the US 🤐

mod edit: changed title for clarity

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @AJM. 👋

Thanks so much for posting on the Pandora Community! I'm happy to clarify.

Using VPNs:

Unfortunately, using a VPN while trying to stream Pandora is not currently supported.

We recommend checking if you can make an exception for Pandora in your VPN settings, or if you can safely disable any VPN connections while listening to Pandora. You may want to contact the support team of your VPN for further assistance.

++

Listening Internationally:

We can only legally offer Pandora services to listeners located in the United States at this time. If you are a Pandora Plus or Pandora Premium subscriber, you will be able to play your downloaded music while traveling outside of the country temporarily. This means you would be able to listen to Pandora on your future cruise. I would just recommend setting up offline and downloading everything prior to leaving.

• Please note you will need to download your offline content prior to leaving our service area. Android users must also manually set the Pandora app to offline mode before leaving.
  • Also, your offline collection will be removed if you uninstall or sign out of the Pandora app, or if you are unable to re-establish a connection with Pandora via a Wi-Fi or mobile network within 30 days.

Keep in mind Pandora Premium subscribers can download Stations, Playlists, albums and songs for offline listening and Pandora Plus subscribers will be limited to only four stations.

I hope this information is helpful. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

Winnie
Local Performer

Hi,

I am moving to Mexico. Will my US account still work there, or do I need to cancel and set up a new one ? Thanks 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Winnie I moved your post over to this existing thread: Listening internationally

Listening to Pandora outside of the US:

Cancelling your subscription:

If you'd like to cancel your subscription through Google Play, you can find steps on how to do so here: Cancel my Google Play-billed subscription or trial

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

ericmateos
Underground

I can help... IG ericmateos, I love Pandora too, even in México

0 Kudos

ericmateos
Underground

I can help, IG ericmateos

0 Kudos

Anthony07
Local Performer

Why is pandora not available in the Bahamas ?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Anthony07 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Listening internationally

0 Kudos

amaunicorn
Local Performer

Would this be true for Pandora Plus or Premium?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@amaunicorn Yes - this applies equally to free and paid accounts (both Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium), as well as Pandora on all computers and supported devices, including offline.

Hope this helps clarify! 

0 Kudos

robpayneiii
Local Performer

The only thing that is sad and sorry is the fact you not trying to negotiate a take it or leave it basic contract with us artist to reach out fans in other countries.  It's a whole bunch of money for ethnic based music being left out because you too proud to open that market for us.  Japan, The Uk, Germany, Italy, South America, Central America, the islands. That's crazy

0 Kudos

robpayneiii
Local Performer

Oh I forgot the Netherlands. Wow all you worried about is America money but in reality it all spends

0 Kudos

cliffc42
Underground

Will pandora work in France?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cliffc42 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Listening internationally

0 Kudos

Tanglefoot
Local Performer

I am moving to Africa.  Will I still have access to Pandora?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Tanglefoot I moved your post over to this existing thread: Listening internationally

0 Kudos

JBI
Local Performer

Sorry if this is a duplicate, I don’t see my first post. 

Currently in France and Pandora will work on the countries cellular line, but if you switch to wifi at the hotel, it’s says Pandora won’t work in your country.  That makes no sense to me.  How can it work on a foreign country cellular network but won’t work on the free wifi?

Anyone have a fix?

0 Kudos