cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

07/01/2020: Unable to Edit Playlists on 2006.1

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update 07/01/2020: Hi everyone! Listeners have reported that changes made on their playlists aren't saving. Our engineering team is aware of this issue and are currently working on it. All updates on this issue will be posted to this thread.  Thanks for your patience during this time. 🛠

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Pandora Update 07/20/2020: Hey folks! Please try updating to the newest app version 2007.1.

Here's how to update the Pandora app on your Android device:

1. Open the Google Play Store app.
  2. Touch the menu icon in the upper left and select My apps & games.
  3. Apps with available updates are labeled Update.
  4. Choose any appropriate apps and tap Update.

Tip: In some cases, you may need to restart your device to update an app.

If you're still experiencing this issue after updating, feel free to let us know so by creating a new thread so that we can share this information with the Android engineers ASAP. 

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update 07/20/2020: Hey folks! Please try updating to the newest app version 2007.1. If you're still experiencing this issue after updating, feel free to let us know so that we can share this information with the Android engineers ASAP. 

Here's how to update the Pandora app on your Android device:

1. Open the Google Play Store app.
  2. Touch the menu icon in the upper left and select My apps & games.
  3. Apps with available updates are labeled Update.
  4. Choose any appropriate apps and tap Update.

Tip: In some cases, you may need to restart your device to update an app.

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
45 Replies

Jaredgaskinss
Underground

I have a note9 and when i go to edit a playlist i can not add nor move songs in the order i want. I have tried creating a different playlist and nothing...any thoughts...

mod edit: changed title for clarity

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Jaredgaskinss. 👋

Thanks so much for posting your experience. I'm very sorry to hear that you're having trouble editing your playlists with Premium.

I’ve enabled a trace on your Pandora account to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps.

From your Android Settings, please try clearing the Pandora app data using the following steps (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you):*

1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Keep in mind that the steps for each Android device is slightly different. If you have a Pixel, you can find helpful steps here.

Please note that you will be asked to log into your account after completing these steps.

*Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after this. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after this, please let us know.

0 Kudos

Jaredgaskinss
Underground

That didnt work and i even uninstalled the app, still doesnt let me edit my playlist at all.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jaredgaskinss Thanks for trying out those steps.

I'm going to report this to our engineering team.

• Model: Samsung Galaxy Note 9
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Let me know. 

0 Kudos

Jaredgaskinss
Underground

Carrier is Sprint

Version 10

Build QP1A.190711.020.N960USQS4DTD5

Pandora version 2006.1 (ANDROID-TURNER 2006.1RC4)

both cellular and wifi doesnt work

Thank you for the fast replys!

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

No problem at all.

Just to clarify - this happens with all of your playlists? Not specific ones?

Thanks again for providing this helpful info, @Jaredgaskinss.

0 Kudos

Jaredgaskinss
Underground

Yes all my playlists, i have deleted them and created new one and thats doesnt work either, id really like to continue with pandora but if there is no resolve i might be cancelling sadly.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for confirming, @Jaredgaskinss

Rest assured, this has been reported on your behalf and I've created a ticket with our engineering team regarding your issue.

Thanks again for your help with this, and for your patience while they look into it.

0 Kudos

Jaredgaskinss
Underground

Great thank you, do you know a turn around time this might take? 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jaredgaskinss Unfortunately, the community moderators do not have an ETA of when an issue will be fixed. We report the issues shared by community members directly to our engineering team, if the troubleshooting efforts do not work and the issue persists. In the meantime, a ticket has been created for your issue and our engineering team is now aware of this.

0 Kudos

Richmond99
Opening Act

Greetings: I'm having the same kind of problem.  One of my playlists keeps playing a song which is not visible on the playlist whenever I try to edit it!  It shows on the "Now Playing" list as the second song on the list but when I bring up the playlist as instructed in this thread it's nowhere to be found.  It's a really annoying song and I'd really love never having to hear it again. Thanks

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Richmond99 I'm happy to look into this further.

Please follow up with some additional information:

Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. What is the name of the playlist, as well as the name of the song you are unable to remove?
  4. Can you provide me with a screenshot/screen-recording of what you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this! 

0 Kudos

Dbcb7710
Local Performer

Has this ever been fixed? Because I'm still having this problem. It will not let me rearrange my playlists, nor will it let me delete songs from them. 

• Model: Samsung Galaxy Note 8
  • Carrier: AT&T
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone): 9
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone): PPR1.180610.011.N950USQS7DTE5
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone): June 1st, 2020
    Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number): 2006.1
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening: WiFi

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Dbcb7710. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're also running into this issue.

I moved your post over to this thread for listeners experiencing this issue on version 2006.1: Unable to Edit Playlists on App Version 2006.1

Thanks so much for sharing your device details. I added your information to ticket we have open with our engineering tea for this issue.

We appreciate your patience while we look into this! 🎧

0 Kudos

Rophydrone
Underground

Is there a fix yet? Assuming no? 

I am having this problem. Editing a playlist I created and re-ordering/deleting will not save changes. Current version of the app 2006.1

mod edit: format

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Rophydrone. 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you're also experiencing this issue.

Our engineering team is aware, and they're working on it. Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA for the fix. I know this can be frustrating, but rest assured that this is on their radar. In the meantime, I'd like to share your device info on the ticket we have open with them.

Would you mind providing the following details?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Thanks so much for your help with this! 🎧

0 Kudos

Rophydrone
Underground

Model: Pixel 3C

Carrier: VerizonA

Android version: 10

Build number: QQ3A.200605.001A

ndroid Security Patch Level: N/A

On cell data only. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Rophydrone Thanks so much for sharing those details. I've passed this along to our engineering team for further review.

Appreciate your patience while they work on this! 🛠

0 Kudos

Richmond99
Opening Act

When I try to respond to this thread, I get the following message:

Authentication Failed.

• Authentication Ticket Mismatched, failed authentication.

I will now try again, since that message finally went through.  Following is the message I had tried to send several times previously.  I'll delete the image attachment in case that is related to the error message I received above.

Hi Adam, thanks for responding. I'm using a Galaxy Tab A8 Android V9 tablet over wifi.

The playlist in question is called "Jazz2" and I'm attaching a screenshot. When I swipe left on the second track "C-Jam Blues" and select Delete, the track appears to vanish. The next time I open Pandora it's there again. Thanks for your advice--Rich

mod edit: format