cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow background activity

Mrsjones8609
Local Performer

Discovered that Allow Background Activity setting was turned off so I turned it on & app stopped closing. Problem is for some reason the setting keeps getting turned off, seemingly randomly. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mrsjones8609 Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

To clarify, are you only experiencing this issue with Pandora?

Or does the Allow Background Activity setting turn off for all apps installed on your device?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

JennyCA15
Local Performer

Only noticed it with Just Pandora

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @JennyCA15 

Would you mind explaining what's happening when playing Pandora with this setting off/on?

In addition, would you mind providing your device details so that we can get a better understanding and if we need to report this to our engineers?

We're going to need the following:

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks for your help with this!

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

JennyCA15
Local Performer

Hi thank you so much for responding back so promptly. I have the information you had requested in order to help resolve the issue im having with Pandora not allowing background activity.Here is the info i have been able to gather.Model: SM-S908UCarrier: Verison WirelessAndroid Version: Galaxy S22 UltraBuild #: TP1A.220624.014.S908USQU2BVK1Android Security Patch Level: November 1, 2022It has been happening when im on Wifi or Cellular Data.Please let me know if you need anything else. Thank you again.

Moderator edit: removed personal information

GeraldPandora

Hi @JennyCA15 👋

Thanks for providing me with that information.

I've enabled a trace on your Pandora account in case we need to share this information with our engineering team

However, it looks like you're using a Samsung Galaxy device and if your having issues Pandora playing in the background, please check your sleeping app settings on your device.

Check out this thread if this issue is related to yours and how to adjust your sleeping app settings.

Hope this helps, let us know how it goes!

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos