cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 13: Removing Widget From Lock screen

Cappylarou
Underground

I have a Google pixel 5A fully updated running Android 13. For some reason this ridiculous music app will not allow me to remove your widget from my lock screen. I have all your notifications disabled. I have the settings that would normally put the music player on the lock screen turned off. I have spoken to Google about this and they have confirmed that I have everything turned off correctly yet you're **ahem** app will not go away. I have seen thread after thread on this chat about this problem but not one has a solution that actually works. Please get me a solution because you are about to lose a very long time subscriber to Pandora if this **ahem** doesn't get fixed soon

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @Cappylarou 👋

Thanks for dropping by and letting us know. In addition, I apologize for any nuisance this may have caused with your day-to-day activities.

I have enabled a trace on your account so that we can take a closer look at what's going on. For this trace to be helpful, please complete our Android Troubleshooting steps.

If you continue to experience the Pandora widget on your lock screen, I would like to report this to our engineers so that they can take a closer look.

Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model: Google Pixel 5A
  • Carrier:
  • Android version: Android 13
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Let me know!

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

Cappylarou
Underground

Google pixel 5A

Android 13

T-Mobile

Build number: TQ2A.230305.008.A3

Pandora version: 2303.1

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the follow up, @Cappylarou.

I've shared your feedback with our engineers. This information is really valuable, and helps us understand what might be happening. I know this has been a frustrating issue. Unfortunately, the variety of Android models can lead to a longer resolution process, since we may need to create solutions that address each different phone and device.

We really appreciate your patience in the meantime! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

rharlow
Local Performer

Hi @Cappylarou 👋

Thanks for dropping by and letting us know. In addition, I apologize for any nuisance this may have caused with your day-to-day activities.

I have enabled a trace on your account so that we can take a closer look at what's going on. For this trace to be helpful, please complete our Android Troubleshooting steps.

If you continue to experience the Pandora widget on your lock screen, I would like to report this to our engineers so that they can take a closer look.

Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model: Google Pixel 5A
  • Carrier:
  • Android version: Android 13
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Let me know! 

0 Kudos